Political Stuff

jan

Reaction score

DOJ: no more indictments

Last edited:

DCI

Reaction score
Dear America,

Please just relax enjoy your weekend. We'll know more very soon, so try to resist the urge to say anything that will likely seem idiotic in the very near future.

DCI

jan

Reaction score
Presser today - probably between 3pm and 5pm
Atty. General Barr to release primary conclusions

Reactions: DCI

jan

Reaction score
Looks like that report was premature. The primary conclusions will not be released today

Cool. I'll try to enjoy the w/e :)

Reactions: DCI

DCI

Reaction score
Congress has been notified that they'll be getting the letter 30-45 minutes from now.

Almost hard to believe that we're finally going to find something out. It better not be some bullshit.

jan

Reaction score
Congress has been notified that they'll be getting the letter 30-45 minutes from now.

Almost hard to believe that we're finally going to find something out. It better not be some bullshit.
I think we can safely say
that's just bullshit

I remember when all those Iran Contra guys got pardoned. That's coming, next. :sick:

Reactions: JenniLeigh and DCI

DCI

Reaction score
I don't think that it's incredibly surprising that they weren't able to make a conspiracy case, but I do find it surprising that a sitting president was able to just brazenly and publicly obstruct justice, threaten witnesses, and lie to the public with no consequences. Pretty sad day for the DOJ, considering that almost everyone probably thinks that they're a joke at this point.

My two biggest questions right now:

1. If there was incomplete evidence of a criminal conspiracy and/or obstruction of justice, why was the president not interviewed just because he didn't want to be interviewed? It's like if Nixon had refused to turn over the tapes and the judge was like "Guess you got us lol."

2. Why was Jerome Corsi told that he was going to be indicted and offered a plea deal, only to suffer 0 consequences when he refused. That guy has to be feeling like the luckiest guy in the world right now.

There's not much doubt in my mind that Donald Trump will have to pay the piper at some point, but the institutional damage that's being done to our country right now is a lot bigger deal than him.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
sooo... Cohen went to jil for the stormy daniels payment... and trump provided the financing for it. I just don't get how he didnt commit a crime

jan

Reaction score
sooo... Cohen went to jil for the stormy daniels payment... and trump provided the financing for it. I just don't get how he didnt commit a crime
Barr got the job because he wrote an opinion piece in which he basically said he believed presidents s hould be protected. This is a sham. We have no idea what Mueller intended. I'm going to bet that a few leaks will start to come out - his team must be as horrified as we are. They certainly did NOT exonerate the President.

Here's one leak

Reactions: Horse Feathers

jan

Reaction score
The father of a Sandy Hook victim just killed himself. That's 2 parkland teen survivors and now this father.
Very sad day all around. These suicides 'cluster' and in the era of the internet - well, the clusters won't be geographic - but national. I hope that mental health groups across the country, parents, friends, employers, schools - whoever - are reaching out to the survivors of gun violence. They need to be contacted and engaged. This could get much worse. :(

jan

Reaction score
Justice Department now says courts should strike the entire ACA
Source: axios
The Justice Department now says the courts should strike down the entire Affordable Care Act — not just its protections for pre-existing conditions. The department signaled its new, broader position in a legal filing Monday, part of a lawsuit challenging the law's individual insurance mandate.

How it works: A federal judge ruled in December that the ACA's individual mandate has become unconstitutional, because of the way Republicans zeroed out the penalty for being uninsured.

He said the entire ACA had to fall along with the mandate

What's next: The case is pending before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals — the most conservative appeals court in the country. From there it would go to the Supreme Court.

Read more: https://www.axios.com/justice-trump-court-affordable-care-act-unconstitutional-ab8bf281-65fc-4b91-8606-d1f3f65818d6.html

Reactions: Horse Feathers