Political Stuff

cassius

Reaction score
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/02/senate-trump-health-care-1250197

trying to steer health care in a wrong directions, closing the border, flip flops. perhaps trump enjoys sanctions so much he's trying to implement them in the country he claims to support. examples: unless california and texas can play a lot of catch up, there will be a lot of food missing in the groceries if the border would be closed. can the states play catch up? sure ... if they had the workers ... in another lifetime i spent many summer days doing nothing but herding cows and weeding plants, then came caning season and the heck of shelling beans, peas and stripping corn. would i do it again? yes, if it meant survival.
then taking health care away from pre-existing conditions. what is a pre-existing condition? something that's been treated once and the insurance companies refuse to treat again?

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/02/senate-trump-health-care-1250197

trying to steer health care in a wrong directions, closing the border, flip flops. perhaps trump enjoys sanctions so much he's trying to implement them in the country he claims to support. examples: unless california and texas can play a lot of catch up, there will be a lot of food missing in the groceries if the border would be closed. can the states play catch up? sure ... if they had the workers ... in another lifetime i spent many summer days doing nothing but herding cows and weeding plants, then came caning season and the heck of shelling beans, peas and stripping corn. would i do it again? yes, if it meant survival.
then taking health care away from pre-existing conditions. what is a pre-existing condition? something that's been treated once and the insurance companies refuse to treat again?
Regarding the ramifications of the idiotic notion of closing the border. IMO it's nothing but a distraction for what the actual Mueller report will say.

Reactions: barny and jan

jan

Reaction score
who the f does Barr think he's fooling. They will subpoena Mueller and the truth will out.

According to the WA Post, the evidence on obstruction was "alarming" and "significant" and "much more acute" than Barr's report suggested.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/limited-information-barr-has-shared-about-russia-investigation-frustrated-some-on-muellers-team/2019/04/03/c98e8a02-567a-11e9-814f-e2f46684196e_story.html?fbclid=IwAR1zEWXeQkHhJMXm_rz7vQpS2aQVQuUjxhpfgzwCQT9tXXuj1EQGn989-jk&utm_term=.41f0e030724a

“There was immediate displeasure from the team when they saw how the attorney general had characterized their work instead,” according one U.S. official briefed on the matter.

Summaries were prepared for different sections of the report, with a view that they could made public, the official said.

The report was prepared “so that the front matter from each section could have been released immediately — or very quickly,” the official said. “It was done in a way that minimum redactions, if any, would have been necessary, and the work would have spoken for itself.”

Mueller’s team assumed the information was going to be made available to the public, the official said, “and so they prepared their summaries to be shared in their own words — and not in the attorney general’s summary of their work, as turned out to be the case.”

jan

Reaction score
bye bye Kirstjen Nielsen

:cheshire:

Reactions: barny

barny

Math is money and money is math.
Reaction score
bye bye Kirstjen Nielsen

:cheshire:
As much as I dislike her, whoever Stephen Miller (and Trump) selects to replace her is going to be exponentially more awful I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

DCI

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow should be pretty entertaining if nothing else. No way I'm getting up early to listen to more of Bill Barr's nonsense though. Send that shit to CSPAN Ocho.

Reactions: jklmnop

jan

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow should be pretty entertaining if nothing else. No way I'm getting up early to listen to more of Bill Barr's nonsense though. Send that shit to CSPAN Ocho.
Barr has something up his sleeve. I don't want to watch it, live. It makes me too sad, too angry.......

Reactions: jklmnop and barny

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score

When Fox has a more reasonable immediate response than you do:

Last edited:
Reactions: barny and jan

DCI

Reaction score
So apparently it's true that the president did order Don McGahn to fire the special counsel, which McGahn refused to do. Then when it was reported, he lied about it and called it fake news.

Not really sure how firing and attempting to fire multiple people in charge of investigating you isn't super obvious obstruction of justice.

DCI

Reaction score
"But it's going to be so hard so it's best if we don't even try"

-House Dems, probably
It's also pretty ridiculous how much people reference the Clinton impeachment, as if all future impeachments will somehow lead to the president becoming more popular, regardless of merit.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
"But it's going to be so hard so it's best if we don't even try"

-House Dems, probably
Hoyer is already walking back his dumbass comment. I hold a tiny bit of hope we see some united messaging on this after the long weekend. Not putting any hope in that hope, though. It's not like Russia is just going to stop hacking our shit. The next 18 months are going to be dark af.

Reactions: jan and barny

jan

Reaction score
Warren is taking the lead on impeachment :).

(And on a I'm an idiot note, I'm fighting with folks who are mis-remembering Biden's plagiarism campaign. (He plagiarized a speech, told a few lies, revealed his F in law school). That happened. (They are saying it was all just a minor mistake. It wasn't a mistake. They were lies).

I don't hate him. I always considered him a bit of an old - dotty uncle. President? Nah. He's a 'fibber.'

I mean, I'll vote for him and all if it came down to it. He's a whole lot better than what we have. But in the primary? I feel like it's the last election all over again. Democrats put forward someone from the past (Clinton) and think that's a way forward..........