Political Stuff

DCI

Reaction score

:sick::sick::sick:

At least it's still early.
There's a ton of people that have it in their head that as soon as there's a Democratic nominee, Donald Trump is just gonna go out and call them fat or sloppy or something, and that's somehow going to be enough for one of the least popular presidents ever to get re elected if they don't pick the worst possible match up for him.

Nothing is ever guaranteed in a single election, but it's about as safe as it gets for people to just pick whoever they think is best.

Reactions: jml

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
There's a ton of people that have it in their head that as soon as there's a Democratic nominee, Donald Trump is just gonna go out and call them fat or sloppy or something, and that's somehow going to be enough for one of the least popular presidents ever to get re elected if they don't pick the worst possible match up for him.

Nothing is ever guaranteed in a single election, but it's about as safe as it gets for people to just pick whoever they think is best.

Yeah I totally agree. Also....in 2016 Hillary was supposed to be the safe and electable one. Then she lost to the guy who was supposed to be extremely unelectable, lol.

If people actually like Biden then okay whatever but it drives me mad whenever I see someone say "I don't like Biden that much but I'm supporting him because the important thing is making sure Trump loses."

Last edited:
Reactions: barny, jan and DCI

cassius

Reaction score

Yes, but we'll have to watch videos of creepy biden and trump insulting women until 2020 election. what an exciting time. :vomit:

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Yeah I totally agree. Also....in 2016 Hillary was supposed to be the safe and electable one. Then she lost to the guy who was supposed to be extremely unelectable, lol.

If people like Biden okay whatever but it drives me mad whenever I see someone say "I don't like Biden that much but I'm supporting him because the important thing is making sure Trump loses."
I feel like people don't remember the Joe Biden I remember. Sure, he's 'uncle Joe' and a good friend. But it's not his first rodeo - he left the first pres. primary in absolute disgrace.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2008/08/why-biden-s-plagiarims-shouldn-t-be-forgotten.html

Biden lifted Kinnock’s precise turns of phrase and his sequences of ideas—a degree of plagiarism that would qualify any student for failure, if not expulsion from school. But the even greater sin was to borrow biographical facts from Kinnock that, although true about Kinnock, didn’t apply to Biden. Unlike Kinnock, Biden wasn’t the first person in his family history to attend college, as he asserted; nor were his ancestors coal miners, as he claimed when he used Kinnock’s words. Once exposed, Biden’s campaign team managed to come up with a great-grandfather who had been a mining engineer, but he hardly fit the candidate’s description of one who “would come up [from the mines] after 12 hours and play football.” At any rate, Biden had delivered his offending remarks with an introduction that clearly implied he had come up with them himself and that they pertained to his own life.
and
Unfortunately for Biden, more revelations of plagiarism followed, distracting him from the Bork hearings. Over the next days, it emerged that Biden had lifted significant portions of speeches from Robert Kennedy and Hubert Humphrey. From Kennedy, he took four long sentences in one case and two memorable sentences in another. (In one account, Biden said that Pat Caddell had inserted them in his speech without Biden’s knowledge; in another account, the failure to credit RFK was chalked up to the hasty cutting and pasting that went into the speech.) From Humphrey, the hot passage was a particularly affecting appeal for government to help the neediest. Yet another uncited borrowing came from John F. Kennedy.

If that wasn’t bad enough, Biden admitted the next day that while in law school he had received an F for a course because he had plagiarized five pages from a published article in a term paper that he submitted. He admitted as well that he had falsely stated that British Labor official Denis Healey had given him the Kinnock tape. (Healey had denied the claim.) And Biden conceded that he had exaggerated in another matter by stating in a speech some years earlier that he had joined sit-ins to desegregate restaurants and movie theaters, and was thus actively involved in the civil rights movement. He protested, his press secretary clarified, “to desegregate one restaurant and one movie theater.” The latter two of these fibs were small potatoes by any reckoning, but in the context of other acts of dishonesty, they helped to form a bigger picture.

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score

Imagine having a front row seat to McConnell's obstructionism during Obama's presidency and still thinking the only problem with the GOP is Donald Trump

Reactions: jklmnop

JenniLeigh

Batch Bettah Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I know I stay out of here b/c I hate all those lying, elitist cogs... but

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I can just imagine the fucking domino effect... each state trying to out-do one another with the most ridiculous science-ignoring bullshit.

Jesus christ Alabama.

Reactions: Jaded and jan

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I know I stay out of here b/c I hate all those lying, elitist cogs... but

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I can just imagine the fucking domino effect... each state trying to out-do one another with the most ridiculous science-ignoring bullshit.

Jesus christ Alabama.
That is exactly what they're doing. Who can get their misogynistic bullshit in front of the Supreme Court first and "win" the overturning of Roe?

anyhandmaidstalegif.gif