Political Stuff

jan

Reaction score
Our allies are about to die on the border - thanks to trump. I can't hardly believe it. We are a terrible country. I'm so sad. I just can't even listen to it. They trusted us.

😢

jan

Reaction score
As someone who grew up during the Cold War, I’m baffled and fascinated by the reactions to Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey’s pro Hong Kong tweet. He was forced to apologize. I understand why the NBA did it. But damn, that’s a bad look.
during the cold war - we had a message (as a country). We have no message now. If Obama was President, we'd be supportive of the HK protesters.

we are fools on the world stage -

so, of course he apologized. the US is a joke

Reactions: ChristopherASA

jan

Reaction score

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
during the cold war - we had a message (as a country). We have no message now. If Obama was President, we'd be supportive of the HK protesters.

Well, during the Cold War (which from time to time wasn't "Cold") we had a common enemy: communism.

"...I can't hardly believe it. We are a terrible country." Don't conflate the POTUS with the soul of America. American still sends out it's two Mercy-class hospital ships if and when needed.

Reactions: mboone73

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

Oh, I doubt anything would have been different. Money is definitely one of the things that political parties stand for.

• Love
Reactions: cassius and Peachy

DCI

Reaction score
WSJ reporting that Rudy had lunch with those two guys the day they got caught trying to flee the country. These are some pretty smooth criminals.

• Haha
Reactions: micky and jklmnop

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
The ... most calm portion of what I posted on FB this morning: T-man said, "THEY [ the Kurds ] DIDN'T HELP US IN NORMANDY"!!!!!!! WHAT? WHAT?

I'm a Burkean conservative. I have no problem with a POTUS that is a conservative or Republican (or Democrat, for that matter). But the current POTUS is simply not "up to the job," to put it as blandly as I can.

Reactions: jan

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious: has anyone here read "The Federalist Papers" [more properly termed, "The Federalist"]

I've believed for a long time that the citizenry of America does a pretty bad job of politics, and that the extent to which America might be messed up is our fault, not "the politicians," (keeping in mind, of course, that the Founding Fathers and One Mother didn't really trust "the people" too awfully much and so intended our system to be a bit ... murky in operation.

And that's the end of my 45-minute "breakfast as lunch" break: now back to the Turkey farm.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy crap, Marie Yovanovitch actually showed up?

jan

Reaction score
The ... most calm portion of what I posted on FB this morning: T-man said, "THEY [ the Kurds ] DIDN'T HELP US IN NORMANDY"!!!!!!! WHAT? WHAT?

I'm a Burkean conservative. I have no problem with a POTUS that is a conservative or Republican (or Democrat, for that matter). But the current POTUS is simply not "up to the job," to put it as blandly as I can.

cassius

Reaction score
Not only is he destroying the Kurds and I find it disgusting. He is planning to use our military as mercenaries for Saudi Arabia. When the military realized how they are used all holds will be off and we know how mercenaries behave. Military pay will not be enough for them.

cassius

Reaction score

First husband was a Persian Kurd. He told the story of how while working in his family's fields one day a bus came by. Someone got out and spoke with his father and he had to leave the field and go on the bus. this was in the 70s. Then began his training under US special forces and possibly Mossad, of how to be a fierce warrior. The story was the US was planning wars in the ME and wanted people there who could at that time without today's tech, teach the soldiers sent how to operate through the area and the mountains. The training was trying. About 36 men went in and something like 13 came out. I won't tell you how they survived. You do the numbers and figure out what kind of men this created. First husband was a gentle, though spoiled soul when I knew him, unless someone crossed him or his, then look out. He knew how to rectify things. This was just one of many such training things that I understand went on throughout the middle east and still does today.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
The more I read/see about this the more awful it seems. Could the next person in the White House please not be a war criminal?

jan

Reaction score
The more I read/see about this the more awful it seems. Could the next person in the White House please not be a war criminal?
I skip over a lot of these stores. I can't see the victims. I'm not responsible, but as an american - I feel kind of responsible. I don't want to see the folks who have been hurt/died because of us :(.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I skip over a lot of these stores. I can't see the victims. I'm not responsible, but as an american - I feel kind of responsible. I don't want to see the folks who have been hurt/died because of us :(.
I understand completely, but we must not look away. We've basically left people to die.

• Sad
Reactions: micky