Political Stuff

jan

Reaction score
They're still in the SCIF and now THEY ORDERED PIZZA? How and why have they not been arrested?
this worked in the bush era (the brooks brothers protest).

I'm sorry to say, it might work today.

Our hope is Mitt Romney,
Murkowski
and pearl clutching Collins.

:cliff:

Reactions: jklmnop

cassius

Reaction score
this worked in the bush era (the brooks brothers protest).

I'm sorry to say, it might work today.

Our hope is Mitt Romney,
Murkowski
and pearl clutching Collins.

:cliff:
Oh dear, Mitt? Well, yeah, I'd probably vote for him since I'm not yet trusting Collins. At least I know Mitt's problems, but his service to his so called church probably does win him some brownie points as long as in his "service" he's not doing something like ... well, I won't say it since I've never seen such a thing about him. I've only seen about the what was it? 47% and his binders full of women. But after what we've been through, he can survive that now. On the other hand, I might just write in Mickey Mouse, might be safer.

Reactions: micky and jan

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score

Last edited:

DCI

Reaction score
I wouldn't really say that it's working when the % of people that think the president should be removed from office is 10 points higher than his approval rating. There are limits to public gullibility.

jan

Reaction score
I wouldn't really say that it's working when the % of people that think the president should be removed from office is 10 points higher than his approval rating. There are limits to public gullibility.
not in the swing states.

jan

Reaction score
house vote thur:bookworm:

Reactions: Jaded

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Last edited:

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Ugh, CNN. It is cowardly that this guy would not speak on the record, and it is as if not more craven that CNN published his contention anyway:

One GOP lawmaker, however, who asked not to be named given that the depositions are happening behind closed doors, did not push back that Republicans are trying to figure out who the whistleblower is in the depositions.

"I think we would like to know — with whistleblower protections in mind — we would like to hear from the whistleblower and we would also like to know who the whistleblower talked to," the GOP lawmaker said. "We got one guy who is trying to bring down the President of the United States and we cannot even hear from that person."

One guy? Perhaps he's thinking of the wrong guy? Bc Trump is doing a pretty good job of "bringing down the Presidency" all by himself.

In 2016 pretty much everyone except historians laughed off his "Russia, if you're listening" moment. Fucking five hours after he said that shit, the GRU was hacking away at Clinton's office. (Page 49 of the Mueller Report) Now consider just the public evidence from the last few months of him asking foreign governments to interfere in our elections many more times, China being just the most recent. Dude is still trying to undermine our elections openly, the only difference now is that more people are taking this abuse of power and other Executive Branch staff statements (like Mulvaney's quid pro quo admission) seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: micky

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
btw seriously I cannot recommend PBS's Mueller Report videos enough, they offer a measured overview of the document and bring many elements of it to life (particularly Russia's election interference in Part 1). There are five parts and the whole thing takes just half an hour to watch.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/inside-the-mueller-report-a-sophisticated-russian-interference-campaign

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/why-numerous-links-between-trump-campaign-and-russia-didnt-add-up-to-conspiracy

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/what-the-mueller-report-says-about-trumps-firing-james-comey *

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/how-mueller-himself-factors-into-the-trump-obstruction-investigation

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/what-came-out-of-the-mueller-report-heres-what-you-need-to-know-in-6-minutes

* Also worth revisiting this and this in light of the new info made public last month about the WH meeting with Russian diplomats that took place a day after Comey's firing. Seems pretty clear Mueller didn't get to see this readout:

President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries, an assertion that prompted alarmed White House officials to limit access to the remarks to an unusually small number of people, according to three former officials with knowledge of the matter.
The comments, which have not been previously reported, were part of a now-infamous meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in which Trump revealed highly classified information that exposed a source of intelligence on the Islamic State. He also said during the meeting that firing FBI Director James B. Comey the previous day had relieved “great pressure” on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCI and jan

DCI

Reaction score
It's been kind of lost in the avalanche of news, but on Thursday there will finally be a ruling on whether or not Don McGahn has to comply with a congressional subpoena. Spoiler alert: he does. The white house is going to get dunked on in all of those cases because they basically just made up privileges that don't exist.

The next couple of months is going to be super awesome fast paced newsertainment. I've always said that people underestimate how movable public opinion is, even in times like this, and I guess we're about to find out. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by events that aren't really very surprising.

Reactions: jan and jklmnop

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
It's been kind of lost in the avalanche of news, but on Thursday there will finally be a ruling on whether or not Don McGahn has to comply with a congressional subpoena. Spoiler alert: he does. The white house is going to get dunked on in all of those cases because they basically just made up privileges that don't exist.

The next couple of months is going to be super awesome fast paced newsertainment. I've always said that people underestimate how movable public opinion is, even in times like this, and I guess we're about to find out. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by events that aren't really very surprising.
I envy your optimism.