Political Stuff

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Nonsense and Shenanigans
Reaction score
Do any of these anti-Blizzard people even know what is going on other than "me hear China bad"?
I'd say quite a few of them are informed. Have you read any news articles on it? I find reuters to be pretty unbiased, and what is going on over there is quite atrocious.

Reactions: jklmnop

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
slow news day

DCI

Reaction score
I guess the new defense is that these felonies are just inappropriate. Impeachment is just for really serious stuff like lying about affairs.

Last edited:

JenniLeigh

Pumpkin-spiced Witch
Contributor
Reaction score

jan

Reaction score
after bravely testifying about Trump's extortion plan

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman will be retaliated against
and removed from his post at the White House National Security Council.

jan

Reaction score
posted - just in case anyone wants to pretend the era of Trump is not built on racism :(

Stephen Miller emailed Breitbart 900+ times from 2015-2016 to lay out his anti-immigrant policies. His source material included: -White nationalist websites -A “white genocide”-themed novel -Eugenics-era laws that Adolf Hitler lauded in “Mein Kampf.”
"What Stephen Miller sent to me in those emails has become policy," McHugh said.

Brocktoon

Hey man, you fuckin' know Belvedere?
Reaction score
Maybe it's because Taylor's voice sounds almost exactly Walter Cronkite, but it's nice to hear from trustworthy people who are good at what they do for a change.

Reactions: kryss and jan

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Nonsense and Shenanigans
Reaction score
So... trying to look at it objectively...

They're all morons, or insanely corrupt. There's just no other way to spin this, it's glaringly obvious. I don't know how any sane can person look at this and come up with the line of questions these Republicans are...

DCI

Reaction score
Pretty hilarious listening to Jim Jordan try to argue that there's no linkage between the president and this stuff. I mean, we have the transcript of the president directly asking the president of Ukraine for these same things. It's not like Gordon Sondland just decided to do this on his own.

I don't think it was very smart on the part of Republicans to give all that time to one of their most partisan members. This isn't Fox & Friends and independents aren't going to be very impressed by this.

Reactions: jklmnop and kryss

barny

Math is money and money is math.
Reaction score
Pretty hilarious listening to Jim Jordan try to argue that there's no linkage between the president and this stuff. I mean, we have the transcript of the president directly asking the president of Ukraine for these same things. It's not like Gordon Sondland just decided to do this on his own.

I don't think it was very smart on the part of Republicans to give all that time to one of their most partisan members. This isn't Fox & Friends and independents aren't going to be very impressed by this.
I think the strategy here is that Jordan is already as shameful as they come, and since he was already able to turn a blind eye to what was happening in his locker room and not give a crap what it did to his reputation, why not chuck the guy out in front to defend an indefensible president. Jordan is fearless when it comes to this sort of garbage.

Reactions: kryss

DCI

Reaction score
I think the strategy here is that Jordan is already as shameful as they come, and since he was already able to turn a blind eye to what was happening in his locker room and not give a crap what it did to his reputation, why not chuck the guy out in front to defend an indefensible president. Jordan is fearless when it comes to this sort of garbage.
Tbf, it's not like there's really any good strategy available. I just think that this isn't going to resonate with anyone outside of the Trump fan club, and the audience for this thing includes a lot of people that aren't normally very plugged into politics. They can't really win here on the facts, but it only hurts them to come off as hyper partisan.

Reactions: barny