Political Stuff

DCI

Reaction score
Roger Stone going to jail btw. What a shame.

edit: :police:

Last edited:
Reactions: jan and barny

barny

Math is money and money is math.
Reaction score
Tbf, it's not like there's really any good strategy available. I just think that this isn't going to resonate with anyone outside of the Trump fan club, and the audience for this thing includes a lot of people that aren't normally very plugged into politics. They can't really win here on the facts, but it only hurts them to come off as hyper partisan.
I completely agree with you. Rebuplicans make great trolls, but beyond that they're so bad at this.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The Salvation Army has a history of denying shelter to homeless LGBT people, firing LGBT employees, lobbying not just in the US, but in several other countries as well, against anti-discrimination laws, they've promoted conversion therapy, and that's all just scratching the surface. Yes, they are dangerous. Fuck the Salvation Army.
Their site paints a very different picture. Sometimes, the angry mob on the internet puts out information that seems pretty baseless.

https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/indiana/faq/
https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/the-lgbtq-community-and-the-salvation-army/

Last edited:

aveline

super helpful
Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Their site paints a very different picture. Sometimes, the angry mob on the internet puts out information that seems pretty baseless.

https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/the-lgbtq-community-and-the-salvation-army/
Moving this here because the other thread is not the appropriate place for it.

Not to be disrespectful or anything, but I don't think you know anything at all about LGBT issues, and I would appreciate that you not try to correct me with a bunch of PR garbage from an organization that has a very long history of fucking over people like myself.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Moving this here because the other thread is not the appropriate place for it.

Not to be disrespectful or anything, but I don't think you know anything at all about LGBT issues, and I would appreciate that you not try to correct me with a bunch of PR garbage from an organization that has a very long history of fucking over people like myself.
Sorry, I certainly was not trying to correct you or be condescending. I have no way of knowing if the statement on their site is sincere. If they treated you badly on some personal level, I think that's unfortunate and wrong.

From now on, I'll refrain from giving my opinions on anything of controversy.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Tulsi Gabbard is not to be trusted. Something is not right with her as a candidate.

edit: exhibit A :thinking:

btw Ben Collins is a quality follow, esp. if you are not already following disinfo researchers

Last edited:

JenniLeigh

Pumpkin-spiced Witch
Contributor
Reaction score

Their site isn't going to say shit about people who have died in the cold because of them. The people who have suffered emotional trauma because of them. (and etc.)
Like, who in the hell would even think that they would? That's not why organizations make websites lmao

In the early 2000s, SA fought (with the government.) for an exemption to be allowed to refuse employment based on sexual orientation- that's fucking documented. (And said that being forced to hire gays chews at the fabric of who they are.)
Mid-2000s they fought with New York to be exempt from providing benefits for same-sex couples. Again, fucking documented.
More recently, ON AIR a spokesperson from SA (while speaking for SA!) said that gays deserve to die. Fucking documented!
Even if you, in all your wisdom, discredit all the person antidotes of LGBTQ people harmed by SA their HATRED, discrimination, and violent thoughts are DOCUMENTED.
It's not a matter of "opinion".

barny

Reaction score
Tulsi Gabbard is not to be trusted. Something is not right with her as a candidate.
She is definitely not to be trusted. A) She's not a dem. B) She's most certainly a Russian asset. C) Everyone including Gabbard knows she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of ever being president, and the only reason she hangs around is to willfully and intentionally provide ammo for republicans to use against dems in order to maintain the base. Tulsi Gabbard is just as rotten as the most rotten politicians out there.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
You'd be forgiven for thinking today was a weekday considering the Secretary of the Navy was just forced out and oh yeah, Lev Parnas has tapes

DCI

Reaction score
Pardoning someone for taking corpse selfies is a pretty weird thing to do...Tbh I don't really understand why pardons even need to exist. They get abused by pretty much every president.

Last edited:
Reactions: barny

barny

Reaction score
Pardoning someone for taking corpse selfies is a pretty weird thing to do...Tbh I don't really understand why pardons even need to exist. They get abused by pretty much every president.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of presidential pardons and I agree they're abused. In this case, it's more of a power move on trump's part; the idiot is trying to flex on the military. All it does is greatly weaken the military and set a devastating precident. It's literally a longshot at this point that the US recovers from trump's sham presidency.

jan

Reaction score

Tucker Carlson: "Why do I care what's going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia and why shouldn't I root for Russia, which I am." Carlson says he was joking later, which is convenient, but watch here-it hardly appears to be a joke.

• Thinking
Reactions: barny