Problem Logging In

FRSMichael

Just HIT it, HIT it.
Reaction score
Well, I am stuck in a login loop on MTurk when using Google Chrome. I can log in via 'incognito mode' and on other browsers so it is apparently a cookie/session issue. Even after wiping out all cookies and cache, the issue is still present. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Reactions: <Gucci>

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I am stuck in a login loop on MTurk when using Google Chrome. I can log in via 'incognito mode' and on other browsers so it is apparently a cookie/session issue. Even after wiping out all cookies and cache, the issue is still present. Has anyone else run into this issue?
Hi there! I don't do incognito mode much, so I have no clue, however, @Mentor group, does anyone have an idea as to what this could be?

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you talking about the "please wait while we log you in" screen? Try disabling and then enabling all of your extensions. That usually works for me. Otherwise I suppose you could just reinstall chrome, but that's a bit too much most of the time.

FRSMichael

Just HIT it, HIT it.
Reaction score
Are you talking about the "please wait while we log you in" screen? Try disabling and then enabling all of your extensions. That usually works for me. Otherwise I suppose you could just reinstall chrome, but that's a bit too much most of the time.
Nope, it just kicks me back to the login page and I know the username/password combo work because it works in other browsers and in incognito mode. I've tried disabling extensions but to no avail.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, it just kicks me back to the login page and I know the username/password combo work because it works in other browsers and in incognito mode. I've tried disabling extensions but to no avail.
i would try logging in to mturk from another device using chrome.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
if you can log in incognito are your extensions/scripts running on that side. If not that seems like the issue its an extension and/or script. try to disable them and see if you can log in.

Reactions: <Gucci> and kryss

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Mentors unite!

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I hope you have a copy of your hit db.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/11733-mturk-hit-database-mk-ii
Save it on an external thumb drive.
Back it up weekly.
Now:
Start with the obvious.
Disable any scripts you aren't actively using.
If that doesn't work.
Check for any and all updates your computer might have
Scan it for any viruses etc.
Malware bites is awesome.
Reboot your computer.
Last resort save all your scripts uninstall chrome and reinstall.
Also Vivaldi is a newer browser made by the same people that made opera...
https://vivaldi.com/?lang=en_US
It works with all chrome extensions and sometimes is faster than chrome.
Download Vivaldi and move all of your extensions and scripts there if you want to.
It's an awesome option. Let us know what happens!

Reactions: Serial Mom