Question about reposts

Curious_Yellow

Robotech Master
Reaction score
I'm really eager to start contributing HITs to the daily thread but I'm worried about reposting. So I have a couple of related questions:

1. Are reposts allowed? If yes, under what circumstances?

2. Is there a good way to search the daily thread to see if a HIT has already been posted? Usually by the time I get to them there are already half a dozen or more pages and I don't have the time to wade through all of them.

Sorry if these are dumb questions or have already been answered elsewhere! I did a quick search and didn't see any existing information.

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
Totally allowed. All of us repost stuff without realizing it every so often. Besides, if you missed a hit being posted earlier then chances are someone else missed it too so they'll appreciate your post. You might want to check the page you're on just so you don't post a hit that someone else shared 5 posts ago but even if you do that's no big deal. We're not gonna mod people for trying to help out.

That said, the best way to search for hits/reposts if you still want to do it would probably be to click the search button, check "search this thread only" (if you're in the daily thread), and search for the requester's name.

Last edited:

Curious_Yellow

Robotech Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

While I've got your attention, I have another question. In the guidelines section it states:

" Keep content of surveys, qualification tests, and known answers in HITs confidential."

Does that prohibition include mentioning that a survey contains ACs/MCs, as long as the location and nature of them aren't specified?

Reactions: kryss and TSolo315

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

While I've got your attention, I have another question. In the guidelines section it states:

" Keep content of surveys, qualification tests, and known answers in HITs confidential."

Does that prohibition include mentioning that a survey contains ACs/MCs, as long as the location and nature of them aren't specified?
To stay on the safe side I wouldn't mention it. Most people here know they should pay attention and keep their eyes open for ACs in surveys anyway.