Redirecting Workers within a Hit

Maggie

Reaction score
I am planning to use MTurk to post three surveys. I want to ensure that each Worker can only take one of the surveys, and that they are evenly distributed so I get the same number of results for each survey. Is it possible to send each Worker to a different one of the surveys when they click on the Hit? Or do I have to create a separate Hit for each survey? If this is the case, what is the best way to ensure that each Worker can only respond to one of the three surveys?

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There are various solutions you could look into, I wouldn't be able to give specifics though.

I'm sure you could do something from within qualtrics, I'm sure that's an option somewhere within qualtrics. When a worker clicks the link, they are taken to one of three versions. I hope these versions are relatively equal in length, it's not a good experience to see somebody take 2 minutes to complete a task and another take 10 minutes for the same pay.

You could publish three hits, and explicitly state with big bold letters within the HIT title and within the hit itself that you can only do one of the three hits.

Hit Title A 1 - (You can only do One hit of the Hit Title series)
Hit Title B 2 - (You can only do One hit of the Hit Title series)
Hit Title C 3 - (You can only do One hit of the Hit Title series)

You can publish it one survey at a time, and assign qualifications to the workers who complete the first iteration as to prevent them from completing either the second or third surveys.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSMechTurk/latest/RequesterUI/AssigningaQualificationTypetoaWorker.html

TurkPrime will probably? solve that for you at a cost/less pay to workers: https://www.turkprime.com/

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I think qualtrics has built in functionality that supports this kind of thing.

Reactions: jan