Rejection/abandoned hits

macdee30

Reaction score
i will like to know if the number of hits abondoned by a worker could prevent him from working on your hits and if rejecting a workers hits will prevent him from doing future works for you.

My concern is that some workers are still new and there is always room for improvement...just want to know if rejected hits could affect future dealings,thanks

jan

Reaction score
i will like to know if the number of hits abondoned by a worker could prevent him from working on your hits and if rejecting a workers hits will prevent him from doing future works for you.

My concern is that some workers are still new and there is always room for improvement...just want to know if rejected hits could affect future dealings,thanks
Yes, rejections can hurt. Especially new workers (with few HITS approved). If they get one rejection - well, welcome to the club :wink:. No one likes it, but they do come.

However, if they get enough rejections and their overall approval rating falls below 98% - then they can't accept most HITS on mturk. New workers are encouraged to never accept so many HITS from one requester that, if they were mass rejected, their approval rating would sink below that percentage.

So, one rejection stings. It's a waste of time and effort. (We count our time the way anyone would - it's valuable and we want to make a fair hourly wage). It's especially painful if the instructions were unclear or the rejection is 'unfair' (requesters also can be new and set up HITS that don't make sense to the average turker). There can be a learning curve on both sides.

Abandoned HITS used to be counted and used by some requesters (so that you couldn't accept their HITS if you had too many. But that's not the case any longer. I don't know of anyone who does that - and as far as we know, it's not meaningful anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: craig1954