Rejection due to requestor error

MyWorldtwo

Reaction score
I did a survey and the next day was surprised to see it was rejected. I was more upset when I saw the reason:
"...There was a measurement error on our end. We are so sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for your time."
I truly could care less about not getting the 50 cents. I do care greatly that because of a measurement error on their part, I was given a rejection. I take pride in doing good work and out of over 5000 hits this is only my 12th rejection. I have written politely twice to the requestor with no response. Is there anything I can do about this?

jan

Reaction score
I did a survey and the next day was surprised to see it was rejected. I was more upset when I saw the reason:
"...There was a measurement error on our end. We are so sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for your time."
I truly could care less about not getting the 50 cents. I do care greatly that because of a measurement error on their part, I was given a rejection. I take pride in doing good work and out of over 5000 hits this is only my 12th rejection. I have written politely twice to the requestor with no response. Is there anything I can do about this?
You can politely write to their IRB (institutional review board). You can also let the requester know. Do you know their name, university? If you do - let the IRB know that work done should be paid for and that the rejection is unfair and that as a test subject, you should be treated fairly. You might want to politely let the requester know that you will make a complaint to the IRB first - that should work :)

Reactions: savvy

MyWorldtwo

Reaction score
Thank you. Unfortunately it of course had to be one that does not seem to be through a school.
I guess there is no reason for me not to share which one it was....
This is the Requester and hit title
Diana Alonso Answer this survey, it will take 10-12 minutes to complete!
I wrote to an aws MT person, who kindly said they would follow up and try to point the requester into making the right decision, but could not let me know the outcome and in the end, could not force them either. Honestly, I am just appreciative they will give it a try as I've gotten no response from the requester.

Reactions: jan