Rejection Question

T. J.

Reaction score
Hi -- Still pretty new to this (400 some HIT's completed) and I have had a few rejections. Not a big deal but I'm trying to figure one of them out. Hopefully this is the right place to post the question

I was working on the Foot Photo HIT from Alex Chung and since it was the first one I've done it took me awhile. When I finally completed the tasks and submitted I noticed that the time had run out and I got the red "Hit Rejected" box after submitting. The next day the same HIT was available and since I had the pictures I submitted it again. It came back rejected as a duplicate submission. I emailed the requestor a few weeks ago but have not had any return communication. Any thing I can do?

My MTS hit tracker shows 2 submissions, One on 4/23 and one on 4/25 but if I look at my MTurk Dashboard on 04/23 there is nothing showing from that requestor.

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Hi -- Still pretty new to this (400 some HIT's completed) and I have had a few rejections. Not a big deal but I'm trying to figure one of them out. Hopefully this is the right place to post the question

I was working on the Foot Photo HIT from Alex Chung and since it was the first one I've done it took me awhile. When I finally completed the tasks and submitted I noticed that the time had run out and I got the red "Hit Rejected" box after submitting. The next day the same HIT was available and since I had the pictures I submitted it again. It came back rejected as a duplicate submission. I emailed the requestor a few weeks ago but have not had any return communication. Any thing I can do?

My MTS hit tracker shows 2 submissions, One on 4/23 and one on 4/25 but if I look at my MTurk Dashboard on 04/23 there is nothing showing from that requestor.
The short answer is no, there is nothing to be done. You can email the requester and let them know that they made a mistake. But amazon does not get in between a requester and a worker (to arbitrate). You have to be careful out there! The best thing to do is get a lot of hits accepted, so that you don't have to worry so much about rejections (your acceptance rate won't ever fall so low that you can't accept HITS).

Reactions: aveline

T. J.

Reaction score
The short answer is no, there is nothing to be done. You can email the requester and let them know that they made a mistake. But amazon does not get in between a requester and a worker (to arbitrate). You have to be careful out there! The best thing to do is get a lot of hits accepted, so that you don't have to worry so much about rejections (your acceptance rate won't ever fall so low that you can't accept HITS).
Thanks for the response. Just wanted to make sure I did all that I could. I'm still over 99% approval so no worries.

Reactions: jan