sad pandas support group

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
A patient died just now and this one actually made me cry because she was so sweet to me. Said I made her happy with the hair flowers. Her family member gave me a hug.

I dont even know her name.

Edit: I realize this is ridiculous since obvs her family has it much harder

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
A patient died just now and this one actually made me cry because she was so sweet to me. Said I made her happy with the hair flowers. Her family member gave me a hug.

Most definitely not ridiculous. I hope you realize how much impact you have just by making these patients' days a little brighter.

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Reaction score

How beautiful is it that you got to be one of the people who brightened her last days. :hug: It is not ridiculous at all to care about other people.

JenniLeigh

Batch Bettah Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score

A lot of the world's problems are because so many of us are untouched by the inclusion of other human beings in our lives.
Not ridiculous at all that you've remained quite human :twohearts:

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score

My mom is a home care physical therapist and every death bothers her. She works with mostly geriatrics so it happens a lot.

We run a fishing program at the park that a lot of very old retired folks come and do. I’ve known four people to die that we saw around 5 times a week. I still get sad to think about a guy we called ranger 9.5. His snack was always a Diet Coke and toasty lance crackers.

It’s hard but I’m glad I had those people in my life

savvy

Reaction score
Thank you for that. Since that post, I've kinda gotten through some of my fears. We are talking about moving in together soon and a lot of future stuff and it feels right.Putting that commitment out there feels less like holding back. I already always picture my life with this person. I think stable is what I really, really need. I think I need to realize that if I think it's "throwing it away" that is it is important to me.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
This week has been probably the worst in my life, except maybe when my parents shunned me.

We still don't have the answers we want, on the other hand we were told the cause wasn't something to he expected. She didn't have any risk factors, so didn't smoke or wasn't obese or anything else.. it just happened. Apparently 1 in 100 is the normal number of stillbirths, but that doesn't account for twins OR for random unexpected causes.

I've been doing my usual thing in shitty times like these, listening to St. Anger cover to cover. The songs sound more powerful and meaningful to me each time. Too bad no one else likes it, because I think it works wonders. In fact I feel like I have a lot in common with James. I don't know when I'll be back to myself or when she will be, we've just withdrawn ourselves from life for now. But there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, I'm just hoping it shows sooner rather than later.

Princess Gina Marie

gummy girl
Contributor
Reaction score
This week has been probably the worst in my life, except maybe when my parents shunned me.

We still don't have the answers we want, on the other hand we were told the cause wasn't something to he expected. She didn't have any risk factors, so didn't smoke or wasn't obese or anything else.. it just happened. Apparently 1 in 100 is the normal number of stillbirths, but that doesn't account for twins OR for random unexpected causes.

I've been doing my usual thing in shitty times like these, listening to St. Anger cover to cover. The songs sound more powerful and meaningful to me each time. Too bad no one else likes it, because I think it works wonders. In fact I feel like I have a lot in common with James. I don't know when I'll be back to myself or when she will be, we've just withdrawn ourselves from life for now. But there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, I'm just hoping it shows sooner rather than later.
Sending you (and her) our love. I hate that you're facing such a nightmare. Heart broken for you both.

jan

Reaction score

I am so very sorry for you and your wife.
You are both in my thoughts. Ji Jang Bosal
:(

Metallica

Never free, never me
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sending you (and her) our love. I hate that you're facing such a nightmare. Heart broken for you both.
I am so very sorry for you and your wife.
You are both in my thoughts. Ji Jang Bosal
:(
I decided last night that taking a break from the forum and such wasn't the best idea. I'm always at my best when I'm here hanging out with folks. Shitposting does a pretty good job at taking my minds off things.

Anyway, I'm still not sure how to go about helping her cope with it. I mean, I've spent the past week with her being the shoulder to cry on and such. And at times, her for me. But I know a woman is always going to be more heavily affected by things like this for pretty obvious reasons, so I'm not sure how I convey to her that I understand what she's going through. It's a work in progress. I think I'm just afraid of coming off like I've already moved on or something, when in reality I'm just suppressing the shit I feel so that I don't make our problem(s) worse than it has to be. I had already started work on a new room and its painted and stuff. So that's been bothering me too, and I'm afraid to bring it up. Do we leave it the way it is for the memory? Or do I scrap it and convert it to something else? Sorry for rambling. I'm trying to keep this short and to the point because I really don't feel like spilling my heart out on the forum. At least for now.

Thanks again to everyone that made a post, or messaged me on here or on the Discord room. I haven't responded to any of them up to this point because I'm not sure how I can. Just know that I've read them, and I'm very thankful to have people like you around me.

savvy

Reaction score
I decided last night that taking a break from the forum and such wasn't the best idea. I'm always at my best when I'm here hanging out with folks. Shitposting does a pretty good job at taking my minds off things.

Anyway, I'm still not sure how to go about helping her cope with it. I mean, I've spent the past week with her being the shoulder to cry on and such. And at times, her for me. But I know a woman is always going to be more heavily affected by things like this for pretty obvious reasons, so I'm not sure how I convey to her that I understand what she's going through. It's a work in progress. I think I'm just afraid of coming off like I've already moved on or something, when in reality I'm just suppressing the shit I feel so that I don't make our problem(s) worse than it has to be. I had already started work on a new room and its painted and stuff. So that's been bothering me too, and I'm afraid to bring it up. Do we leave it the way it is for the memory? Or do I scrap it and convert it to something else? Sorry for rambling. I'm trying to keep this short and to the point because I really don't feel like spilling my heart out on the forum. At least for now.

Thanks again to everyone that made a post, or messaged me on here or on the Discord room. I haven't responded to any of them up to this point because I'm not sure how I can. Just know that I've read them, and I'm very thankful to have people like you around me.

the forum is a good place to run when needed. it's hard, everyone moves on from terrible things differently. I'm more the move on, do something, try to surpress it type too. Idk in this exact situation, but overall, i would be trying to be "over productive" because that is how i protect myself from myself. It's hard figuring out everyones coping techniquies and not getting offended by them.