sad pandas support group

easterbasketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My mom's health is failing fast. And the doctors aren't being helpful. We still don't have the biopsy results and a direction on whether chemo or hospice. She does have an appointment tomorrow and my aunt is taking her. She is going to ask about nursing facility as my mother can not live alone much longer. I have to work full time and the FMLA papers are going to the doctor tomorrow, so I'm probably up to two weeks out from that taking effect. My aunt lives out of town, and there is virtually no one else to help.
We discovered she had a mass in her lung in September, and here is is November and I am unsure if she will live to Christmas or even Thanksgiving.
I don't cry often, but have had a couple of breakdowns over this and the stress of finding her care, dealing with funeral arrangements, and getting my step brother on board to determine how this works with dividing the assets (going to be 50/50, but still it's a process).
I am ready for her to be at peace and out of pain. I am ready for 2020.
I'm so sorry. Cancer is a bitch and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I can't imagine what you are going through with your mom right now. Sometimes letting it out and crying is all you can do. It's exhausting and heartbreaking to have to be the main caregiver for someone.

My grandma was also recently diagnosed with cancer and is going through chemo right now. She's in Canada so I don't see her often, but my aunt has been giving us updates. Chemo has been brutal for her, but she's still kicking ass so I'm hopeful.

I hope that treatment works for your mom or at least can give her a respite from pain. As someone who has been dealing with chronic pain for years now, the effects it has on you physically and mentally are terrible. Just know that your mom is in my thoughts.

And I agree, 2020 couldn't come soon enough.

❤

• Love
Reactions: Kennedy

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. Cancer is a bitch and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I can't imagine what you are going through with your mom right now. Sometimes letting it out and crying is all you can do. It's exhausting and heartbreaking to have to be the main caregiver for someone.

My grandma was also recently diagnosed with cancer and is going through chemo right now. She's in Canada so I don't see her often, but my aunt has been giving us updates. Chemo has been brutal for her, but she's still kicking ass so I'm hopeful.

I hope that treatment works for your mom or at least can give her a respite from pain. As someone who has been dealing with chronic pain for years now, the effects it has on you physically and mentally are terrible. Just know that your mom is in my thoughts.

And I agree, 2020 couldn't come soon enough.

❤
Thank you. Unfortunately, she passed a week ago. Only 7 weeks after diagnosis :(

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
*hugs*
I'm sorry you are having trouble finding your place in life. Education is not pointless if you enjoy it. Keep searching for what brings you joy in life, because it's out there. I'm not sure what your disability is, but maybe with time you will be able to handle a job outside of the house. I can tell from your writing that you are very intelligent. All is not lost, just have to find the path that works for you :)

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I'm glad you contacted them. They need to know they are losing good employees over things they wouldn't condone. Hopefully, it will work out for him or he finds a job that is even better and soon :)
Thank you. I am strong, but this month is taking me down. Winter is a bad season for me, so that is in my mind, too. But I keep telling myself "this too shall pass."