Should I start keeping a spreadsheet - hits and codes?

TinyConstellation

Reaction score
I'm a very careful turker, but today I got a dreaded rejection, saying that the code I entered was wrong. Should I start keeping a record of the hit title and code? They're saying I entered the wrong code.... and that if I can provide the correct one they'll approve. It's not about the $$ just about the rejection at this point. Looking like no way to fix.

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
I'm a very careful turker, but today I got a dreaded rejection, saying that the code I entered was wrong. Should I start keeping a record of the hit title and code? They're saying I entered the wrong code.... and that if I can provide the correct one they'll approve. It's not about the $$ just about the rejection at this point. Looking like no way to fix.
I wouldn't bother. But in the past, some people have done that. I do usually leave a comment that is 'unique' and I will email them with my demographics and what I said - and that pairs me with the HIT.

That said, it happens VERY rarely, ime.

Have you read this guide?
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/mturk-guide-getting-started-on-mechanical-turk.4431/