There are no more of these HITS available

cmserene

Reaction score
This is my biggest frustration with MTurk!! Can someone help me understand why I get this message so often and what I can do to stop it??

Why does a HIT stay in the list if there are no more available?

Reactions: ducky

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
This is my biggest frustration with MTurk!! Can someone help me understand why I get this message so often and what I can do to stop it??

Why does a HIT stay in the list if there are no more available?
There are likely several people trying to grab that same HIT at once and there's not enough to go around. Most of us use something like HIT Catcher (part of MTurk Suite) or Panda Crazy to try to catch the HIT in case any expires or returns come up.

https://www.mturkguide.com/primary-scripts.html

Reactions: TSolo315 and savvy

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
There are likely several people trying to grab that same HIT at once and there's not enough to go around. Most of us use something like HIT Catcher (part of MTurk Suite) or Panda Crazy to try to catch the HIT in case any expires or returns come up.

https://www.mturkguide.com/primary-scripts.html
Also if you have already done a HIT that only allows one assignment per turker it will tell you there are none left even if you see several available.

Reactions: ducky and scrmcasey

wikkidgrace

Reaction score
Also if you have already done a HIT that only allows one assignment per turker it will tell you there are none left even if you see several available.
Hi, is there a script to hide these assignments from the list? Or hide any you choose? I feel they add a lot of clutter and makes it take longer for me to dig through and find any that will work for me.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Hi, is there a script to hide these assignments from the list? Or hide any you choose? I feel they add a lot of clutter and makes it take longer for me to dig through and find any that will work for me.
Do you use any type of hit scraper to find work? You can block hits and requesters manually that way. If you use MTS (mturk suite), then the things you've blocked on the scraper will also block things from your view on the actual mturk pages too.

wikkidgrace

Reaction score
Do you use any type of hit scraper to find work? You can block hits and requesters manually that way. If you use MTS (mturk suite), then the things you've blocked on the scraper will also block things from your view on the actual mturk pages too.
I've downloaded MTS and nothing else. Can they be blocked through MTS alone or is a scraper required?

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I've downloaded MTS and nothing else. Can they be blocked through MTS alone or is a scraper required?
MTS has HIT Finder built in, so you can block them through that.

Make sure you have the option checked in the MTS Options to have you block on mturk. Do you see these buttons too when you expand a HIT from the list?

1578857768447.png

Reactions: wikkidgrace

wikkidgrace

Reaction score
MTS has HIT Finder built in, so you can block them through that.

Make sure you have the option checked in the MTS Options to have you block on mturk. Do you see these buttons too when you expand a HIT from the list?

View attachment 181
Oh yes I do now! Thank you very much this is exactly what I wanted!

• Love
Reactions: scrmcasey