uhh... help?

Jeremy

Reaction score
so i did a hit for someone last week and i just got an email from him stating that he wants to invite me for the follow up survey but didnt have my turk id, then stated the following.

"Fortunately, I have your Response ID and IP Address for your last Survey, which will be help match with your Amazon ID. After matching this, I will be able to send out the study link to you for the Time 2 survey. So could you send me your Response ID and IP Address for completing Survey 44804, together with your Amazon ID ? You can find this information on your study completion record. "

can anyone help walk me through how to find this info? i found the hit that i completed, but it doesnt show what the response ID is, and im assuming the IP address is simply from whatever device i used to complete it?

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
can anyone help walk me through how to find this info? i found the hit that i completed, but it doesnt show what the response ID is, and im assuming the IP address is simply from whatever device i used to complete it?
I'm guessing he means the HIT ID? I'm not entirely sure what he means by "response ID"? Amazon doesn't really give you a great way to grab the HIT ID, and I'm not sure if it would be the same as others because it was a single survey, someone else might be better at answering that question. TSolo315 @TSolo315 ?

Yeah, that would be correct for your IP address.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm guessing he means the HIT ID? I'm not entirely sure what he means by "response ID"? Amazon doesn't really give you a great way to grab the HIT ID, and I'm not sure if it would be the same as others because it was a single survey, someone else might be better at answering that question. TSolo315 @TSolo315 ?

Yeah, that would be correct for your IP address.
Pretty sure survey services like qualtrics will attach a response ID to your survey response. These are often used as completion codes as they are unique. A worker wouldn't have access to it though (unless they saved the completion code,) and this requester sounds so incompetent I wouldn't bother sending a response email.

Reactions: kryss

Jeremy

Reaction score
Gotcha, i appreciate the help!