URL Categorization HITs

viraj1596

Requester
Reaction score
HITs Link - Click hereReward: $0.05 per assignmentDuration: ~5-10 mins

Hello folks!

I have a simple set of HITs that would need you to categorize URLs into one of three categories based on the instructions as follows -
  • Open the URL.
  • Navigate the website.
  • Classify the website into one of the following three categories based on how you would transact with the website:

1) Ecommerce Cart
If the website sells products or services directly that you can add to a shopping cart and then purchase via the website classify the URL as Ecommerce Cart.
If the website solicits a donation that you can pay for via the website then classify the URL as Ecommerce Cart as well.

2) Lead Generation
If the website sells a product or service that you can not purchase directly on the website, but instead the website asks for contact information such as email, phone number, or address in order to get in touch to discuss and confirm the product or service and/or to place an order or make a purchase then classify the URL as Lead Generation

3) Account Creation
If the website asks you to create an account in order to access their products or services , for example to sign up for a subscription, to access an application, or to access and use services such as financial services, then classify the URL as Account Creation.

Any feedback or suggestions welcome on how I could make these HITs more comprehensive and easier to work through for the workers.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: lightning and jan

charlie

Reaction score
I was not able to see the hits by the time I saw this post. I assume this was a one time thing? If not, can you post a mockup? There's a bit of research involved in determining these things so a few things come to mind if you intend to release these again:
1.Make sure you allow enough time per hit. 30 minutes before expiration is generally a good amount of time. Your task might only take 5-7 minutes, for example, but you want to allow more time than you might expect just in case it takes someone longer to work a hit.
2. Make sure the pay is commensurate to the amount of work. I would start with a base of 8 cents with the expectation you may have to increase pay.
Definitely want to see a mockup for the next round you do of these. Thanks!

Reactions: ap4