Rep Present UserBob HITs

UserBob

Requester
Reaction score
It is completely fine for you to go over. Just don't go over so much that you stop thinking UserBob HITs are good paying HITs. However, try not to ever go under the amount of time requested. UserBob's client pay in advance for a certain amount of time. So if your videos are way short, they might feel like they are not getting their moneys worth.

Reactions: Jerami

UserBob

Requester
Reaction score
What's the best way to indicate that a particular HIT might contain objectionable content?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:

UserBob

Requester
Reaction score
I'd like your opinion on a change I am considering for how I pay users for the training HIT. Currently, I typically pay $1 for users to do the training HIT. The problem I'm having is that about a third of all the workers that do that first HIT never do another UserBob HIT. What I'm thinking of doing is paying a lot less for the first HIT (maybe $0.25) and then giving workers a $0.25 bonus on each of their next three UserBob HITs. If you've been doing UserBob HITs, would you have started doing these if the training HIT only paid $0.25 but promised to pay you a $0.25 bonus on your next three HITs?

UserBob

Requester
Reaction score
I'm sure lots of workers that do UserBob HITs also do user testing for other companies outside of mturk. The more companies you sign up with the more chances you'll get to do user testing type jobs. Here's a new one that just started that you might like to sign up for - http://atrybox.com/. I like them because they pay workers very fairly - $25 for 10 to 30 minutes of testing. They are just starting, so the chance of getting any work from them soon is probably low.

Reactions: Eris

UserBob

Requester
Reaction score
I am planning on starting to allow clients to purchase longer videos. Most users use the free version of ScreenCastify which limits recordings to 10 minutes. So to do these longer HITs, you'll need to use something else. There is a new Chrome extension called MedaCore Capture that is very similar to ScreenCastify, but it does not limit your recording length. You can get that extension at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mediacore-capture/enddmcjcfojolegmdogekfpfbobmkioo?hl=en

Reactions: Eris and Antamania

UserBob

Requester
Reaction score
In the past, I was self-employed and working from home. But now I have a more traditional job where I will not be able to respond to messages as quickly as I did before. I will still respond to your messages as soon as I can; however, that may be up to nine hours later.

Fernando

Reaction score
UserBob, there's a reason for it to be only for US workers?

UserBob

Requester
Reaction score
UserBob, there's a reason for it to be only for US workers?
I am currently letting clients know that all the workers come from the U.S. so that they feel confident that they are going to get videos from people that they can easily understand.

Reactions: bleepboopbop

PDRMTURK

Reaction score
I am currently letting clients know that all the workers come from the U.S. so that they feel confident that they are going to get videos from people that they can easily understand.
Canadians shouldn't be anymore difficult to understand than Americans. There are quite a few Canadian workers on Mturk.

UserBob

Requester
Reaction score
I allowed Canadians for almost a year and never got one to sign up. I'll post a HIT for Canadians now.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a tutorial on doing the UserBob Training HIT - [/QUOTE]

That is an awesome tutorial! I think it is rare when people can clearly and
thoroughly train. I'm impressed and I hope I get to do these HITS soon. This is just totally the kind of work I like to do.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Here's a tutorial on doing the UserBob

That is an awesome tutorial! I think it is rare when people can clearly and
thoroughly train. I'm impressed and I hope I get to do these HITS soon. This is just totally the kind of work I like to do.
If anyone needs suggestions or help with these, I've been doing them forever.( since they started) Always glad to help. :)

"Message from UserBob
---------------------------------
Your "Reviewer Level" which determines the length of UserBob HITs you are qualified for has been changed to 4."

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone needs suggestions or help with these, I've been doing them forever.( since they started) Always glad to help. :)

"Message from UserBob
---------------------------------
Your "Reviewer Level" which determines the length of UserBob HITs you are qualified for has been changed to 4."
Thank you Jerami!

Reactions: Jerami

turkfine

Reaction score
Why do them. They are underpaid like everything else on mturk. There are other places online you can do site testing for much more pay.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: UserBob

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh no! I spent a lot of time on the training HIT but my studyshack site stopped showing up for me. I tried a lot of things to fix it but couldn't get it to come back up. Since it was training and not something going to a customer I decided to just go ahead with my recording as is since I had seen the website a few times while I did a few practice recordings. I apologize for the error and thank you for your help.

workerturker

Reaction score
Just did my training hit for User Bob. Everything went smoothly this time. The first time I tried, someone tried to hack me when I went to fill out the demographic info. I got a phishing scam telling me that I had to call a phone number immediately because all the websites I had just listed had had their passwords stolen, etc., etc. If you get that message, don't believe it. I had my husband check my computer over for any problems and he didn't find any. So I came back to try again. Anyway, I'm excited to finally get my User Bob qualifier hit done & looking forward to doing the real deal!

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
UserBob @UserBob

If you don't mind, how are you doing quals for your 10-15 minute webcasts as of late? Feel free to pm if you'd rather it not be known publicly, just rather curious to be honest.

Are you checking the demos of workers who request the qual when you post them or is it auto-granted if you do qual? Or is there something more to it than that.