UserTesting

Reaction score
are there any good "website testing" sites worth signing up for at the moment? Don't want to waste time taking the tests if there is no work out there.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
It's taken me over a year.. A YEAR. To get this screen recorder installed. Still can't do it. Crashes chrome. Every. Single. Time.
I tried once before and couldn't get it to work. Then I forgot about it until today when I inquired. Did you ever figure it out?

Reaction score
Are you guys getting reliable jobs on UserTesting? It has always been like 1 job a week for me. It pays well in terms of $ p/hr though. I kind of gave up on it because there wasn't enough work and I'm absent-minded. I'm going to go checkout the new changes, thanks for the post.

ZongLopez

Reaction score
I downloaded the recorder. It took a few minutes before it finally opened. I completed my test. The test was certainly interesting. I will update my status once it is approved.

turkfine

Reaction score
I do these now and then. I don't really like doing them, but the pay is good so I go back when I'm feeling up to it.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
YES I AM!

congrats! :)
Awwwww thanks! I just finished the training lessons and some screeners. I'm excited! SO excited.
Last year I was trying to do all these things on a very outdated laptop with Windows 7 and a bad mic so anything my demographic actually did qual for was not doable because of my technology :( So hooray that I am upgraded!

Reactions: thedorchannel

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Awwwww thanks! I just finished the training lessons and some screeners. I'm excited! SO excited.
Last year I was trying to do all these things on a very outdated laptop with Windows 7 and a bad mic so anything my demographic actually did qual for was not doable because of my technology :( So hooray that I am upgraded!
awesome! yes its definitely helpful to upgrade.

don't forget u can do tests on your smartphone too! Thats how I make a lot of my user testing money

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
awesome! yes its definitely helpful to upgrade.

don't forget u can do tests on your smartphone too! Thats how I make a lot of my user testing money
Thanks! I just got setup there too :)

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay I'm waiting for my first test. I think they will probably tell me to slooooow down. For some reason I talked very fast.

vicki

Reaction score
So I see there is not much activity here, but I have been on usertesting for maybe 4 years. I have done a few tests here or there, nothing to brag about. I started monitoring the site full time the past few weeks and have made a ton of money! The first week I made $150, the second week $350 and this past week I made $420. A few were moderated tests, which made $30 for each 30 minute test and $60 for each hour test, but the rest were the regular $10 tests. I have been keeping the page open, listening for the ding and taking every screener I can. I disqualify for more than I qualify for, but, there have been so many tests and a huge potential for money here. I would love to speak to other users to see how they are doing or maybe even ways to improve income.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
So I see there is not much activity here, but I have been on usertesting for maybe 4 years. I have done a few tests here or there, nothing to brag about. I started monitoring the site full time the past few weeks and have made a ton of money! The first week I made $150, the second week $350 and this past week I made $420. A few were moderated tests, which made $30 for each 30 minute test and $60 for each hour test, but the rest were the regular $10 tests. I have been keeping the page open, listening for the ding and taking every screener I can. I disqualify for more than I qualify for, but, there have been so many tests and a huge potential for money here. I would love to speak to other users to see how they are doing or maybe even ways to improve income.
I'm going to get back into that soon - I can't do any transcription or recording jobs really over the summer when school is out it's too noisy and busy. I hope that the work keeps flowing because even just a few of those $10 jobs a week really helps flesh out the other stuff.