Using MTurk Suite Tools

Daisy's Mom

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I've been turking for 5 months now - 6K hits as of today, 99.8 rating. For someone who isn't really computer proficient, I've somehow managed to keep myself out of trouble! But I know I work too hard for too little.

As confusing as all the videos on scripts have been to me, I finally took a deep breath and downloaded MTurk Suite this week for Firefox. (Not a fan of Chrome or Google.) I now understand why all the videos on scripts were confusing - a lot of them are from before the big changes on MTurk. But I can't find anything on how to use HitFinder and HitTracker. I've tried reading instructions, but it's not sinking in at all. I can't even figure out how block a requester.

My MTurk page comes up, with all the lovely info about each requester when I hover over the red/gray or green icon, and it's keeping track of how much I make each day at the top of the page, but that's about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions about a good video to watch about getting HitFinder and HitTracker to work?
HitFinder is scanning ok, but nothing is coming up at all.

Thanks SO much - I really appreciate it! Hope everyone in the US is having a terrific 4th!

Last edited:

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I've been turking for 5 months now - 6K hits as of today, 99.8 rating. For someone who isn't really computer proficient, I've somehow managed to keep myself out of trouble! But I know I work too hard for too little.

As confusing as all the videos on scripts have been to me, I finally took a deep breath and downloaded MTurk Suite this week for Firefox. (Not a fan of Chrome or Google.) I now understand why all the videos on scripts were confusing - a lot of them are from before the big changes on MTurk. But I can't find anything on how to use HitFinder and HitTracker. I've tried reading instructions, but it's not sinking in at all. I can't even figure out how block a requester.

My MTurk page comes up, with all the lovely info about each requester when I hover over the red/gray or green icon, and it's keeping track of how much I make each day at the top of the page, but that's about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions about a good video to watch about getting HitFinder and HitTracker to work?
HitFinder is scanning ok, but nothing is coming up at all.

Thanks SO much - I really appreciate it! Hope everyone in the US is having a terrific 4th!
This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but I think it is the only thing amounting to any sort of official documentation on MTS:
https://github.com/Kadauchi/mturk-suite/wiki

There is also a dedicated MTS thread here:
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/mturk-suite-thread.2074/

I don't know of any videos myself. One thing you can do is play around with the different settings in MTS, and also pay attention to the "hover over/tooltip" boxes.

Daisy's Mom

Reaction score
This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but I think it is the only thing amounting to any sort of official documentation on MTS:
https://github.com/Kadauchi/mturk-suite/wiki

There is also a dedicated MTS thread here:
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/mturk-suite-thread.2074/

I don't know of any videos myself. One thing you can do is play around with the different settings in MTS, and also pay attention to the "hover over/tooltip" boxes.

Thank you! I'll spend some time there reading today - much appreciated!
DM

Daisy's Mom

Reaction score
For anyone interested, I figured out why MTS wasn't working on Firefox for me. It will not work if you are browsing
Incognito! When I went to a regular page with no cloaking, it came up just fine and starting running.
Thanks for your thoughts, everybody!

Last edited:

Minx2121

Reaction score
[/IMG]
Sorry I am sure this is not the right place test if my picture will show up but I didn't know which thread was for that lol

zxsix

Reaction score
Getting a new computer set up. Is there a way to copy mturk suite settings, particularly Hit Catchers, from the old computer?
Export feature?
Manually copy files from the file system?