What did I just do?

jelsbeth

Reaction score
a little bit ago, i spent a very long time reading an entire court case. I was diligent, and fascinated, It took forever. Afterwards I got a key but guess what? No page to enter the code. Any suggestions, and no I do not remember the requestor. I am really new to this ..like three or four days old

jelsbeth

Reaction score
I posted this in the help forum, but noticed all posts were not current. so here is my question again.
I completed a very long HIT, an hour or more, I got a code but somehow the page to post it on was gone. I do not remember the requestor. (I just forgot and have only been doing this seriously 3 days) what can I do?

Castor

Reaction score
Check your HITs Queue. If it hasn't expired the hit will be there, you can open it and put in the code. If it's not in your queue then it has expired and you'd need to remember the requester name to be able to contact them

Reactions: jklmnop

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
a little bit ago, i spent a very long time reading an entire court case. I was diligent, and fascinated, It took forever. Afterwards I got a key but guess what? No page to enter the code. Any suggestions, and no I do not remember the requestor. I am really new to this ..like three or four days old
It's possible that the HIT expired. It's good to be mindful of the timer every time you start on a HIT because requesters will sometimes not give you much time at all to do the work. Unfortunately, if it did expire and you don't know the name of the requester, I'm not really sure that there's much you can do but move on. I would recommend leaving the HIT page (where you enter your code) open in another tab while you're working on it. That way, if it does expire, you'll still have that tab open so you can see the requester name and get a contact link.

Reactions: jan and jklmnop

jelsbeth

Reaction score
Check your HITs Queue. If it hasn't expired the hit will be there, you can open it and put in the code. If it's not in your queue then it has expired and you'd need to remember the requester name to be able to contact them
thanks, ....so that's what the queue is for!

Reactions: jan

jelsbeth

Reaction score
It's possible that the HIT expired. It's good to be mindful of the timer every time you start on a HIT because requesters will sometimes not give you much time at all to do the work. Unfortunately, if it did expire and you don't know the name of the requester, I'm not really sure that there's much you can do but move on. I would recommend leaving the HIT page (where you enter your code) open in another tab while you're working on it. That way, if it does expire, you'll still have that tab open so you can see the requester name and get a contact link.
Right, i usually get the name, but I was doing a similiar one for Stanford, and I took too long to read the case (mock jury), then I saw one pop up later that said ...no kidding...Real Jury....so I jumped on it. I guess I was just tired, as I am now. thank you for the feedback. If you do a HIT about a horrendous car accident. let me know please.

Reactions: jan