What does your username mean?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Mine: I used to hang out with a small group of MTurk workers who were, well, prolific users of alcohol. I would always be reminding them to take Tylenol and drink electrolytes before going to bed to reduce a hangover. I got to be known as the electrolytes girl for always pushing electrolytes on people. At some point, I changed my nick from my real first name to electrolyte. And my avatars are always some rainbow-y thing because I collect rainbow-y things.

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Love Muppet was what my BFF from HS used to call me. We had pet names for each other, but because I'm old and have kids now, I can't remember what name I gave to her. In my defense, she doesn't remember either. It probably wasn't as awesome as mine.

My avatar is a ghost screaming "woooool" because wool is awesome and fuzzy and a wonderful thing to knit and crochet with. Duh.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Mine's pretty complicated. m is the first letter in my first name. Boone is my last name. 73 is a reference to the year I was born.

The pig doesn't mean I'm a farmer, but rather a reference to my favorite band.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Love Muppet was what my BFF from HS used to call me. We had pet names for each other, but because I'm old and have kids now, I can't remember what name I gave to her. In my defense, she doesn't remember either. It probably wasn't as awesome as mine.

My avatar is a ghost screaming "woooool" because wool is awesome and fuzzy and a wonderful thing to knit and crochet with. Duh.
If you haven't found it yet, the crafty thread has quite a few knitting/crochet/wool dying posts: http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/i-made-this-crafty-things.143/

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
Username is my initials

My avatars are usually kpop singers or japanese wrestlers because those are my not-so-guilty pleasures. One time when I changed my avatar to something else geo @geo yelled at me because it threw her off so I've stuck with that theme ever since

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't have a very interesting story. I was just looking for something that was me but different from what I've used elsewhere. I remembered this pic which I've always loved:

It was my first avi and since I love owls and coffee: coffeeowl was a natural fit. My current avi is an incognito owl since my recent dark past with possible (not really) prison time in a 3-month absence earlier this year. I've also used actresses drinking coffee as avatars. So I am always a coffee gal or an owl.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Mine: I used to hang out with a small group of MTurk workers who were, well, prolific users of alcohol. I would always be reminding them to take Tylenol and drink electrolytes before going to bed to reduce a hangover. I got to be known as the electrolytes girl for always pushing electrolytes on people. At some point, I changed my nick from my real first name to electrolyte. And my avatars are always some rainbow-y thing because I collect rainbow-y things.
I thought it was because electrolytes are what plants crave.