Work from home jobs?

Charlene22

Reaction score
I don't see this thread but I may be overlooking it. Does anybody do any work from home jobs? Other than mturk and Prolific, I'd like to boost my income to where I could pay all my bills this way. Husband being a mason, winter slows way down and I'd like to not be stressed out this holiday season, haha.

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
This isn't what you're looking for and I don't know how many people here this will actually help but I work from home full time. I recently completed a Data Analysis certificate which I turned into a remote Data Analyst job. I also have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems though; I'm not sure how much that helped me secure the job but I'm sure it didn't hurt. Obviously you need to be tech-savvy and it's not something that can be done overnight. Getting a certificate like that takes months, there's tough competition for WFH analyst jobs (most of the ones I was applying to had 100-200 applicants), and you need to be patient as you'll probably be getting rejection letter after rejection letter. Those rejection emails were getting pretty demoralizing before I finally found something that worked out.

Something that could be easier to get if you don't mind talking on the phone would be looking for customer service/call center type jobs on Indeed/Linkedin/etc. There are a decent number of those out there and you won't need any special certificate/degree for most of those. But again, competition is probably going to be tough.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This isn't what you're looking for and I don't know how many people here this will actually help but I work from home full time. I recently completed a Data Analysis certificate which I turned into a remote Data Analyst job. I also have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems though; I'm not sure how much that helped me secure the job but I'm sure it didn't hurt. Obviously you need to be tech-savvy and it's not something that can be done overnight. Getting a certificate like that takes months, there's tough competition for WFH analyst jobs (most of the ones I was applying to had 100-200 applicants), and you need to be patient as you'll probably be getting rejection letter after rejection letter. Those rejection emails were getting pretty demoralizing before I finally found something that worked out.

Something that could be easier to get if you don't mind talking on the phone would be looking for customer service/call center type jobs on Indeed/Linkedin/etc. There are a decent number of those out there and you won't need any special certificate/degree for most of those. But again, competition is probably going to be tough.
Went through all of that when you could have just started flipping vhs tapes like me. :bode:

Charlene22

Reaction score

I have a bachelor's degree, but not in anything IT related. It's hard because there are so many wfh jobs listed but I'm not sure which ones are legit. I applied for several I knew were real jobs (Amazon being one). I'm going to keep trying.

jeepjeep

Reaction score
I have a bachelor's degree, but not in anything IT related. It's hard because there are so many wfh jobs listed but I'm not sure which ones are legit. I applied for several I knew were real jobs (Amazon being one). I'm going to keep trying.
If you're trying to figure out which jobs are legitimate, you may want to at least look at some of the more well known job boards and check out glass door. It might not be a gaurentee, but it could help you figure out what is realistic and what isn't. Most sites let you filter for remote even before the wfh boom.