Work outside mTurk - Possible scam?

shellsy515

Reaction score
I recently did a qual HIT and the requester later e-mailed me offering me more work, saying I had to sign up for an account on this other site. This makes me nervous to say the least because the site looks very sparse and I couldn't really find much else by searching for it on Google.

I'm just wondering if this is a scam. How much information can I feel safe offering this person? So far the registration process is asking for my name, e-mail address, paypal e-mail and mTurk ID? Anyone have any ideas?

JCIII

Reaction score
That sounds like a big time scam, the only way it could sound more like a scam is if the sender of that offer was a Nigerian prince.

Reactions: shellsy515

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I recently did a qual HIT and the requester later e-mailed me offering me more work, saying I had to sign up for an account on this other site. This makes me nervous to say the least because the site looks very sparse and I couldn't really find much else by searching for it on Google.

I'm just wondering if this is a scam. How much information can I feel safe offering this person? So far the registration process is asking for my name, e-mail address, paypal e-mail and mTurk ID? Anyone have any ideas?
That does sound pretty sketch. It's also a violation of MTurk's policies. Are you able to disclose which site it is?

shellsy515

Reaction score
That sounds like a big time scam, the only way it could sound more like a scam is if the sender of that offer was a Nigerian prince.
Yeah, something definitely doesn't feel right to me. I just wanted to make sure because I could desperately use a reliable income source.