01/06 - Freezing Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
She sounds like a reverse Gandalf.
"This too shall pass" (Persian: این نیز بگذرد‎‎, īn nīz bogzarad; Arabic: لا شيء يدوم‎‎, lit. "nothing endures"; Hebrew: גם זה יעבור‎‎, gam zeh ya'avor) is an adage indicating that all material conditions, positive or negative, are temporary.

The phrase seems to have originated in the writings of the medieval Persian Sufi poets, and is often attached to a fable of a great king who is humbled by the simple words. Some versions of the fable, beginning with that of Attar of Nishapur, add the detail that the phrase is inscribed on a ring, which has the ability to make the happy man sad and the sad man happy.

Reactions: Pleco

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
"This too shall pass" - My aunt, every time I was upset about something since I was 14.
Good little nugget of truth. It usually does, and soon followed by another life event that needs this reminder. Again, and again, and again. Might as well enjoy life through it all.

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
Prime has a few different videos for that. I like to turn it on when I'm reading at night.
Great idea. I usually keep throw blankets around. That seems like a comforting thing to do. I'm in love anything that makes my space comfortable. I keep candles lit most of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: kryss

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh and my kitty. She's usually not too far from my lap.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
kryss @kryssyy

I was gonna post the song Let It Be but all the Beatles songs have been scraped off youtube and only shitty cover versions remain, so just forget it this entire night is ruined.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Odd random late night thought... (that I may or may not be able to check on response to until the morning)

Have we ever thought about having some kind of once a year turker convention type thing? You know where we all get together at a hotel or somewhere and nerd out on our computers and maybe actually go out into the world around the people and find fun things to do. Just a random idea that I think could be fun and thought I'd share...it would be really cool to get to meet some of you in person :mallow

Reactions: Pleco and Pippa
Status
Not open for further replies.