01/06 - Moto Monday!

How do you prefer your hot dogs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strappy

Reaction score
It might be slow, but it's still possible to make your daily goal!

Here's a quick refresher, and some advice to new people:

You have to have a strategy-break it down into achievable, realistic, measurable goals.
I use Mturk as a filler at my real job, but still try to do $30+ each day.

Get your hits to above 5000, and get all the qualifications you can!

Screeners, Quals, Part 1s, anything with bonus in the title, Decision-making are good search terms!

P.S. Related to getting to 5000, MLDLabelers always has something up, and there's a 0.01 for a chess move from Rybn, and you can do as many as you want.

Here's a breakdown of a daily, realistic goal:

3.00 (10% of goal)-Angela Listy is a great filler, and often has 3-10 surveys on most weekdays. Make sure you are set to 0.1 as minimum threshold to get her smaller ones.

3.00 (10% of goal) Audiokite. Make sure you have all genres (there's like 20) of music checked and qualifications-they post 10-50 hits each day, ranging from
0.13 to 0.34

3.00 (10% of goal) Userbob He does basic 0.40 hits, and as you get more finished, he gives you higher paying jobs.

3.00 (10% of goal) MLDlabeler They always have grindy, filler batches to work on. Use as a filler, and to get your numbers up. Every month you can retake 3 super easy tests of their for $2 bonus.

3.00 (10% of goal) Chrislab, Chicagobooth, Wharton School, CocoSciPrinceton:
These posters are very active, and pay decently. Their items can bonus, and usually are gone quickly

3.00 (10% of goal) Amazon Premium Qual Testers
Demographic X is 1--These are usually up quite a bit longer, because not many people know about them. If you search Amazon, and set range to 0.00, there's a bunch of qualifications you can self assign. With the Election Year coming up, make sure you set your political preferences to qualify for many.

3.00 (10% of goal) Positly and SurveyComet
Another demographic opt-in requester-fill out all the fields! With the Election Year coming up, make sure you set your political preferences to qualify for many.

3.00 (10% of goal) PickFu
Another demographic opt-in requester. Yes, 10-30 cent surveys may not seems glamorous, but just do 10-20 a day. It adds up, and if you give enough quality reviews, they bonus.

3.00 (10% of goal) Clandestine Batch Work
(insert your overpaid secret batch you don't want to share)

3.00 (10% of goal) New Hits, New requesters, Random HITS
Try something new, or grab random hits from the queue.

These are all solid requesters, ~$9/hr, not get-rich-quick requestors.
Get the mindset-"I will do 10 Angela Listy HITS today", and boom, you're 10% to your goal.

$30x30 days=900/month, and with good requesters, you can double or triple that!

You can also keep your uTest, UserTesting, Validately, TrymyUI running on the side.
Userzoom, Prolific, Pinecone Research for more surveys that actually pay.

Swagbucks for the codes, not to do anything.

The key thing is to always be taking action, making the active choice to be doing something!

May 2020 bring you the best!
HI, thanks for making this post! It's great to know the potential for a part time Turker. I started in November and am still finding my way on Mturk. I'm making way down your list and can't figure out where to fill out my music preferences. Do you remember where to find the music preference page? I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks again for sharing this guide!

Reactions: Blakkat

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Today is my one year anniversary of joining MTC. Just want to thank everyone for all the help over the past year.
It's my first turkiversary today (first hit submitted) but i doubt i signed up for MTC that day so you probably have me beat by a few days. :) Enjoy your sophomore season.

yes, thanks to everyone for the help, companionship, a few nutty moments and laughs along the way in the first season.

Lumius

Reaction score
Strappy @Strappy
HI, thanks for making this post! It's great to know the potential for a part time Turker. I started in November and am still finding my way on Mturk. I'm making way down your list and can't figure out where to fill out my music preferences. Do you remember where to find the music preference page? I appreciate any help you can offer.

Make sure your filter option has the "hits I'm qualified to work on" unchecked, set the amount to 0.1, and search Audiokite.

You can only choose to qualify when there is one up. They have pop, rock, metal, hiphop, country, folk, etc, and you will need to search them several times each day until you have all the categories qualified for that you want.

I like all kinds of music, so I do them all.

Edit: There is a 0.13 hip-hop rap one up right now, if you don't have that genre selected.

Edit 2: There's all the https://turkerview.com/requesters/A2IO2MM262K6ZZ-alexey-kuznetsov 0.12 writing quals up too

Last edited:
Reactions: Strappy

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
. Do you remember where to find the music preference page? I appreciate any help you can offer.!
I think audiokite posts occasional qual hits. I dont think there is a preferences page.

I'll have to see how I do on the quals. I am not diehard into music since I'm about 90% talk radio so i may or may not pass a qual in my favorite music formats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strappy

Finn Mertens

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaction score

This should get you started, there are more out there though.

https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/12-30-maybe-monday.4841/post-1613734

Reactions: Strappy and Blakkat

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
today's poll ... i think sheldon cooper stuffed the ballot box for the spaghetti option.

sad that beans got no love in the poll! I love me some beans and franks sometimes.

Reactions: Veltora Otew

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a good day today, almost like back to normal turking, except I did more surveys and less batch work. Hopefully each day gets better now that we are past the holidays. Good night and good luck all! Time for DOOL and a W.R.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I had a good day today, almost like back to normal turking, except I did more surveys and less batch work. Hopefully each day gets better now that we are past the holidays. Good night and good luck all! Time for DOOL and a W.R.
may need to borrow some of your cats. getting chilly indoors. maybe i shouldn't be wearing shorts. :)

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Awareness in Driving | Accept
Requester: Robert Sall [A39BGRSS5Y1XKH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.17] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: Watch videos from a driver's point of view and answer questions measuring awareness for the environment
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Simple Ethical Questions | Accept
Requester: aogu shimizu [AV1CG16Z68K3T] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.88] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: It takes you about 5 minutes
Qualifications: subjective DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: Awareness in Driving | Accept
Requester: Robert Sall [A39BGRSS5Y1XKH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.17] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Description: Watch videos from a driver's point of view and answer questions measuring awareness for the environment
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
i returned. not sure i could get thru the whole survey in the very short time allotted.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
i returned. not sure i could get thru the whole survey in the very short time allotted.
I got through it, they were very short 4 individual 30 second clips of virtual driving. I had plenty of time despite starting a bit late on it was all under 10 minutes.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I got through it, they were very short 4 individual 30 second clips of virtual driving. I had plenty of time despite starting a bit late on it was all under 10 minutes.
i was way late on it - 9 mins left when i started and the practice video made it obvious i could not do all the task ones without the timer running out.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
i was way late on it - 9 mins left when i started and the practice video made it obvious i could not do all the task ones without the timer running out.
Ya good call on that, It took me around 8 minutes to do so I don't think the 9 minute timer would have helped.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about consumer experience! | Accept
Requester: Summer Sun [AXSI7YAU7R7L0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.87] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.43] [Fast=3.92] [Comm=2.18] [Fair=3.89] [Reviews=44] [ToS=2]
Reward: 0.40
Description: Answer a survey about consumer experience!
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Hot dogs should be banned.

Strappy

Reaction score
Strappy @Strappy

Make sure your filter option has the "hits I'm qualified to work on" unchecked, set the amount to 0.1, and search Audiokite.

You can only choose to qualify when there is one up. They have pop, rock, metal, hiphop, country, folk, etc, and you will need to search them several times each day until you have all the categories qualified for that you want.

I like all kinds of music, so I do them all.

Edit: There is a 0.13 hip-hop rap one up right now, if you don't have that genre selected.

Edit 2: There's all the https://turkerview.com/requesters/A2IO2MM262K6ZZ-alexey-kuznetsov 0.12 writing quals up too
I found the Hip hop one and completed it. : ). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.