01/07 - Sweet Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJC

Reaction score
anyone knows what a red dash beside a requesters name means?

Reactions: <Gucci>

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
If this has been covered, sorry, but I am trying to change the color in HC so it is not white. I have been able to alter the color on the other pages but not this one, any thoughts?

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
If this has been covered, sorry, but I am trying to change the color in HC so it is not white. I have been able to alter the color on the other pages but not this one, any thoughts?

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
finally had my kid this weekend for the first time since mid Dec.
so she finally got to open her birthday and christmas presents

out of everything, one of the gifts was really awesome, and I urge other parents out there to get one of these sets, or others (they have smaller sets, and range from like $18 and up to over $100 for some of the larger sets)

https://www.amazon.com/circuit-maker-skill-builder-125/dp/b00omcrdu2

it's this really cool electronic circuit crafting thing-a-ma-bob
she made one that turns on music when there is light (like some kinda morning alarm), and several other little projects

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

out of everything, one of the gifts was really awesome, and I urge other parents out there to get one of these sets, or others (they have smaller sets, and range from like $18 and up to over $100 for some of the larger sets)

she made one that turns on music when there is light (like some kinda morning alarm), and several other little projects
This is another brand (Prime!) that is basically the same thing, I think, and is also super cool: https://www.amazon.com/Snap-Circuits-SC-100-Electronics-Discovery/dp/B00008BFZH/

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score

Then when they get a bit older get something like this,

https://www.amazon.com/Development-...1515377283&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=aurdueno+kit

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I take it that this is not a mommy and me thing, lol. I think it is cool. I dated a guy once who built these from scratch and put the boards in some kind of fluid. He even built a Jacobs Ladder and made ozone to take the smoke smell out of a basement. I am clueless about such things. My daughter was labeled learning disabled and took forever to read. She was put through so much reading help that she fell behind in math. Then come to find out after another teacher took interest and tested her, she is labeled a visual spatial learner. To make a long story short, Vs learners see the whole and then break it down, most of us learn the opposite way, by being given parts to put together. Schools teach to the majority and VS learners fall behind, so I am constantly seeking hands on items she can learn from because she is actually quite smart.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I take it that this is not a mommy and me thing, lol. I think it is cool. I dated a guy once who built these from scratch and put the boards in some kind of fluid. He even built a Jacobs Ladder and made ozone to take the smoke smell out of a basement. I am clueless about such things. My daughter was labeled learning disabled and took forever to read. She was put through so much reading help that she fell behind in math. Then come to find out after another teacher took interest and tested her, she is labeled a visual spatial learner. To make a long story short, Vs learners see the whole and then break it down, most of us learn the opposite way, by being given parts to put together. Schools teach to the majority and VS learners fall behind, so I am constantly seeking hands on items she can learn from because she is actually quite smart.
the one I posted is simple, yet kinda complex. it's great for parents to do with their kid.
my 9 year old was explaining why resisters are used in circuits with LED lights to my mother, and my mom's eyes were glazing over, lol

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
the one I posted is simple, yet kinda complex. it's great for parents to do with their kid.
my 9 year old was explaining why resisters are used in circuits with LED lights to my mother, and my mom's eyes were glazing over, lol
She has a Feb birthday, I think I may get one of these, seem rather cool tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.