Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score

Minx2121

Reaction score
is that like a park ranger or something ?
It can be. I am doing a vocational course at a trade school, I could be a park ranger but what I will be going into is working at wildlife refuges/sanctuaries to do conservation research. Another option is working for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service. Research involves just studying the animals, tagging them as you see them do in some documentaries, all sorts of things :)

PandaThief

Reaction score
It can be. I am doing a vocational course at a trade school, I could be a park ranger but what I will be going into is working at wildlife refuges/sanctuaries to do conservation research. Another option is working for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service. Research involves just studying the animals, tagging them as you see them do in some documentaries, all sorts of things :)
Very interesting, goodluck with everything. My daughter wants to work with rescue wolves somewhere in Canada , not sure if that's the same thing. She's only 14 so it'll be something we will be looking into in the future

Minx2121

Reaction score
Very interesting, goodluck with everything. My daughter wants to work with rescue wolves somewhere in Canada , not sure if that's the same thing. She's only 14 so it'll be something we will be looking into in the future
That is awesome! Good luck to her, any volunteer experience she can get will help her later to get her foot in the door for sure. Wolves have always been one of my favorites.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
are you flexible to move?

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Attitudes toward Endorsers and Brands(~ 11 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Veronica [A3EHR1YBT3D8XN] [TurkerView]
Description: 10-12 minutes study examining consumers' attitutdes toward brands and their endorsers, $1.00 compensation
Duration: ~40min
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [190914-190325] DoesNotExis
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 3 min, 5 sec
Catchability: Great

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about how you choose products | Accept
Requester: Narine Yegoryan [A2DD049T6ACHEO] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.95] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.30
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: In this survey, we aim to understand how people make decisions when purchasing products
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: An Online Study for Negotiation(~ 12 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Survey [A13UF5FE1C1IYW] [TurkerView]
Description: “You must be a U.S. citizen older than 18 years to participate”.
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $1.60
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [696378003-190317] DoesNotExis
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 4 min, 11 sec
Catchability: Okay
Cons: very light writing

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Tong Xing Zhang [A3FRLNKGR38U67] [TurkerView]
Description: This questionnaire might look a little long, but believe us, it will not take you more than 15 minutes, we already test it.
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $0.43
Qualifications:
HIT Time: 1 min, 45 sec
Catchability: Great
Cons: "This questionnaire might look a little long, but believe us, it will not take you more than 15 minutes, we already test it."
Lots of google translate was used.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Yes and no? Lol, we are looking to move right now but it will probably be our last move.

I work with a lot of people that have the degree you're seeking - it can be tough to live in one area and get a job. Lots of the federal ones are 6-12 month assignments and then move. Just something to keep in mind. It's a tough degree to stay employed in.

Reactions: Minx2121

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
That is awesome! Good luck to her, any volunteer experience she can get will help her later to get her foot in the door for sure. Wolves have always been one of my favorites.
My favorite, too (if you can't tell by my name). I've volunteered at Howling Timbers (MI) a dozen or so times (when I can get to the west side of the state) and visited Wolf Creek Habitat a few times (IN). They're truly the most remarkable creatures. I love your goals. I'm sure you're going to do great things! ❤?

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Take a survey about prediction and earn bonus | Accept
Requester: Mochen Yang [AD8TKCOJWBKN1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.70] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 0
Description: This survey asks you to perform a set of prediction tasks and you can earn bonus payment based on your performance in the tasks.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Food Type and Product Labels Survey | PANDA
Requester: Anita [A1RFHA91IWSWG5] [TurkerView]
Description: Give us your opinion about food type and product labels, as well as demographic information
Duration: ~15min
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
HIT Time: 6 min, 35 sec
Catchability: Okay
Cons: no code

bigsexy420

Reaction score
> **Title:** [Natural language instruction to describe a trajectory in a map](https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3QYV7EF3P5S5P1TIOQD50QC41HCKL0/tasks) | [Accept](https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3QYV7EF3P5S5P1TIOQD50QC41HCKL0/tasks/accept_random)
**Requester:** [h2r](https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/A2C6KDVCHUGUMC/projects) [A2C6KDVCHUGUMC] [Contact](https://worker.mturk.com/contact_requester/hit_type_messages/new?hit_type_message[hit_type_id]=YOURMTURKHIT&hit_type_message[requester_id]=A2C6KDVCHUGUMC)
**[TV](https://turkerview.com/requesters/A2C6KDVCHUGUMC):** [Hrly=$19.93] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
**[TO](https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/A2C6KDVCHUGUMC):** [Pay=3.50] [Fast=3.20] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.40] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
**[TO2](https://turkopticon.info/requesters/A2C6KDVCHUGUMC):** No Reviews
**Reward:** $0.1
**Duration:** 5:00
**Available:** 3023
**Description:** Please provide an English natural language instruction that describes a trajectory in the environment to guide a robot.
**Qualifications:** Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Has anyone done these? What kind of languange is needed? I've been using basic compass directions so far. All they say is "Natural Language".

Last edited:

Minx2121

Reaction score
I work with a lot of people that have the degree you're seeking - it can be tough to live in one area and get a job. Lots of the federal ones are 6-12 month assignments and then move. Just something to keep in mind. It's a tough degree to stay employed in.
Yeah, I have been hearing similar things from different groups I joined on social media involving people in that field...I will be flexible to travel for extended periods more in the next couple years as my kids are getting older :) I have heard some intern or volunteer one place and then end up working there as well. For now I'll be focusing on getting the degree and volunteering/interning locally. We are looking to move to Michigan and there seem to be a lot of opportunities up there. Thank you :)

Minx2121

Reaction score
My favorite, too (if you can't tell by my name). I've volunteered at Howling Timbers (MI) a dozen or so times (when I can get to the west side of the state) and visited Wolf Creek Habitat a few times (IN). They're truly the most remarkable creatures. I love your goals. I'm sure you're going to do great things! ❤?
That is amazing and thank you!

• Love
Reactions: WillowWolf
Status
Not open for further replies.