01/08 - Tajin Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey (folks), I've got what may be the final update with the whole Amazon thing that took place last night and today.

He gave me forms of proof of his identity. I pestered him in a few different ways about his authenticity, and everything he told me matches up with what I have and could find. I emailed the Amazon email he gave me as a way to further test the authenticity and he, again, proved it was he. I asked what his intentions were with contacting me out of the blue and he says he wants to be more involved with the MTurk community to help build morale. So with that said, I figure you should know who this person is. And as an aside, I've got an email from him that I'm just going to copy the text from, because this forum hates when I post images for some reason.

The man is Sourabh Miglani, Head of Business Operations for MTurk.

He seems to be suggesting he's currently only interested in helping with suspensions, but I do have hope that he will return at some point and answer my questions about throttling, defenses against unfair rejections, and maybe even the "how get masters" question, even though I intended that as a bit of a joke. He didn't answer any of them (yet).

I don't know about you, but I found this to be a really cool experience. Good to see someone from the company that cares about the Worker. Certainly is one of the few times I've witnessed it in my 5ish years on this platform.

Edit: because of his willingness to help with the suspension process, I will most likely add his email address to the thread publicly, at least some time in the future. Hopefully having him will remove having to email multiple different people at once.

Edit 2: I might end up putting this on the MTurk sub at some point as well. Maybe even TH.

Last edited:

ricey

Reaction score
I think my favorite attention check is the one that asks if you've ever had a fatal heart attack.
Got one the other day that asked if I had ever been permanently brain dead. I think it was one that had so many attention checks at the start I thought I had already started the survey :eek:

charlie

Reaction score
Title: Examining personality traits of job applicants | Accept
Requester: Employee Selection Reserach Lab [A34UOAKDRCNYQK] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=1.67] [Fast=3.20] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=2.60] [Reviews=8] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.83] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 34
Description: We want to learn about the usefulness of personality traits when hiring employees. Complete personality scales & a mock email task. More than 1 HIT acceptance from the same worker ID will be rejected. 45 min, $3
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
nice. i finish just enough Rekogs to put me at $20.02 and just as i submit that last 3 cent rekog HC grabs this one. Yay Me![/td][/tr]

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I know I may miss a huge batch of 50 cent Alexandria's, but I have to go to the store...see you guys later

Reactions: Liz and Despairagus

Windir

Reaction score
Well, that was a long day, came out okay, $27 buck a roos!

Reactions: Michele

SmolAliens

Reaction score
Just did the feet HIT. Not too bad if you get into a flow with the different pics required. And my feet are ugly af so good luck to any fetishists Noah might be collecting for. xD

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Careful who you make fun of, their similarly named counterpart may wind up being the Head of Business Operations on a crowdsourcing site you scrape for pennies on.
I didn't make fun of anyone. I was very careful not to say that the guy I worked with was a bit of a jackass.

nmelssx

Reaction score
Just did the feet HIT. Not too bad if you get into a flow with the different pics required. And my feet are ugly af so good luck to any fetishists Noah might be collecting for. xD
Was there a qual for it?

xqyzt

Reaction score
I'm in the Midwest, do I need to drive or fly...either works for me.
Fly or a long drive. Actually I'll just ship them to you. Try no to screw them up more than I would. Pick em up in about 18 years.

Reactions: Liz
Status
Not open for further replies.