01/13 - Self Gratification Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I doubt those people would put in the effort to provide feedback. I'm pretty sure mturk makes this shit up as they go along.
I think they may muster a "Why the f*&^* do you keep sending me these?!?!?!" after 5 or six months of blank weekly statements. But, who knows? I'm not one of them.:p

But, also, they make shit up as they go along. If you stamp an improvement sticker on something, that's usually explanation enough.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just noticed your tag under your username. That's actually where I got the idea for mine. Loved that movie as a kid.
I was copying you, while fulfilling a childhood dream.

"Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Study Understanding Emotional Intelligence | Accept
Requester: Randi Doyle [A3W0HPD8XEW3HJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$4.68] [Pay=1.33] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.81] [Fast=3.86] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=3.86] [Reviews=17] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=3.87] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 4:00:00
Available: 1
Description: We are psychology researchers currently recruiting participants for a study assessing emotional intelligence. The study should take you about an hour to complete.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Study Understanding Emotional Intelligence | Accept
Requester: Randi Doyle [A3W0HPD8XEW3HJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$4.68] [Pay=1.33] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.81] [Fast=3.86] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=3.86] [Reviews=17] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=3.87] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Duration: 4:00:00
Available: 1
Description: We are psychology researchers currently recruiting participants for a study assessing emotional intelligence. The study should take you about an hour to complete.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Only an hour? Seems legit. I'll poke at it for 2.:p

Reactions: Kliq and mboone73

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
It was gray when I posted it!

Thankfully there's not an emotional IQ test.

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Jan 12, 2019.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 518

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 632
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $21.90
- HIT reward earned: $130.14
- Total Amount earned this week: $152.04

and i did email them about liking the report

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I remember doing it on a slow day, I don't recall it being nearly that bad time wise though.

nana

Contributor
Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Jan 12, 2019.

- Number of HITs submitted: 1,657

- Number of HITs approved: 1,707
- Number of HITs rejected: 1
- Bonus reward earned: $2.65
- HIT reward earned: $268.62
- Total Amount earned this week: $271.27

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
for anyone doing those toli bean hits, i was confused and asked some questions and here is there reply. they are pulling some quals. you can see on the dashboard in the details section of whatever day how many you are "failing". they told me 25% and they dump you.

1. In past years, the Bridgepoint Education Golf Invitational has raised more than $150,000 for Rady Children's Hospital, including $40,000 raised at last year's event.
- is this positive? or does it have to be something related to financial gain to be positive?
  • it might be positive in a larger context, but we want to make sure to only consider shown context, and in the shown context we don't know if raising this capital is great, ok or below their necessary level because we don't have a point of reference in this fragment. Therefore we rate it Neutral.
2. FRANKFURT, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Germany's financial watchdog BaFin has ordered Deutsche Bank to take measures to prevent money laundering and "terrorist financing", BaFin said on Monday.
- is this neutral or negative?
  • also neutral, I wouldn't say it means some type of financial implication for DB, nor the order to enforce protection is bad news generally, it's like someone saying "please enforce the law", so I would also go neutral.

3. View the full release here: ( ) In a global first, Western Union will power Safaricom to scale money transfers to more than 200 countries and territories.
- positive? they are expanding their business. or is it neutral because it's seems to be from a press release?
  • This does seem to be positive. Even though we don't have a point of reference, (what if market is expecting them to expand to 300 countries?) but for these announcements of expansion of their market, we want to think of this as Positive.
4. Nike faces challenges in the U.S. market Nike isn't doing too hot in the U.S. as rival brand Adidas has given it a literal run for its money and market shares.
- neutral or negative? it's negative, but it's not quantifiable
  • Negative, don't need to be quantifiable, as long as there is an opinion / commentary / expectation of the writer.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
for anyone doing those toli bean hits, i was confused and asked some questions and here is there reply. they are pulling some quals. you can see on the dashboard in the details section of whatever day how many you are "failing". they told me 25% and they dump you.

1. In past years, the Bridgepoint Education Golf Invitational has raised more than $150,000 for Rady Children's Hospital, including $40,000 raised at last year's event.
- is this positive? or does it have to be something related to financial gain to be positive?
  • it might be positive in a larger context, but we want to make sure to only consider shown context, and in the shown context we don't know if raising this capital is great, ok or below their necessary level because we don't have a point of reference in this fragment. Therefore we rate it Neutral.
2. FRANKFURT, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Germany's financial watchdog BaFin has ordered Deutsche Bank to take measures to prevent money laundering and "terrorist financing", BaFin said on Monday.
  • also neutral, I wouldn't say it means some type of financial implication for DB, nor the order to enforce protection is bad news generally, it's like someone saying "please enforce the law", so I would also go neutral.

3. View the full release here: ( ) In a global first, Western Union will power Safaricom to scale money transfers to more than 200 countries and territories.
- positive? they are expanding their business. or is it neutral because it's seems to be from a press release?
  • This does seem to be positive. Even though we don't have a point of reference, (what if market is expecting them to expand to 300 countries?) but for these announcements of expansion of their market, we want to think of this as Positive.
4. Nike faces challenges in the U.S. market Nike isn't doing too hot in the U.S. as rival brand Adidas has given it a literal run for its money and market shares.
  • Negative, don't need to be quantifiable, as long as there is an opinion / commentary / expectation of the writer.
The feedback is helpful but I find those a little subjective... and I haven't even worked on the HITs yet :p

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Just checked mine. It's 60-65%
I'll prob lose the qual if I keep doing them.

Reactions: Jerami

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Test your memory for the robber from 4 days ago(~ 13 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Chad Dodson [A1G5WIZSEE6VFG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.59] [Pay=4.07] [Fast=4.88] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.26] [Fast=4.86] [Comm=4.25] [Fair=4.86] [Reviews=41] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.87] [Pen=0.42 days] [Res=null] [Rec=73%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=2]
Duration: 35:00
Available: 6
Description: Will take about 13 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: Inc: [19-123309] Exists ; Exc: [646545947-123309] DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Time: 08:13 Hourly: $14.59 if you did the 1st one[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Trucker

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

- Number of HITs submitted: 2,083

- Number of HITs approved: 2,121
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- HIT reward earned: $216.45
- Total Amount earned this week: $216.45

Wow. I don't know what to say. I love the weekly activity reports. I have every single one saved (except I think there was a few random weeks in there where they never sent them out) and I've been doing mturk since August 2013. :cry:

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
The feedback is helpful but I find those a little subjective... and I haven't even worked on the HITs yet :p
right, that's why i emailed them. some of them are a bit tricky because they sound positive but they should be marked neutral because it's the company talking about itself. "microsoft is the world's leader..." but at least i understand that. but the stuff asked them is very very subjective and you can't see what you got wrong (only that you got x% wrong), so i was really confused. it did clear it up a bit. hopefully they post another batch today. they have a weird scheme where the hit is just 4 cents but you get a bonus based on % correct. some hits its 16 cents, some it's all the way down to 9 cents. and if you get 80% correct you get 80% of it. under that you get no bonus. a lot of them are really obvious, or are even in different languages (mark neutral). it's a worthwhile hit if you can pass all of them. i calculated 5 minutes at about $18/hr but that was with the 16 cent bonus hits and doing 8 per 5 minutes

AliasOTurker

Reaction score
This is extremely annoying:

Title: Understanding the relation between attention and emotion(~ 35 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jonathan Carriere [A2D5XIS5F4JTHB] (Req TV): $20.20/hr
(TO): [Pay: 2.73] [Fair: 4.71] [Comm: 4.00] [Fast: 4.71]
Description:
This HIT is an approximately 35-minute psychology research study run by researchers at Bishop's University. Your job will be to complete a series of brief questionnaires.
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [2721043-123305] DoesNotExist ; SurveyGroup [1020] DoesNotExist ; Location In AUCAGBIEUS; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;

Status
Not open for further replies.