01/14 - Talk Nerdy To Me Thursday

Should we have a reputation system on this forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I can deal with bees... at least their intentions are good. Wasps, however, are evil demons and must be destroyed with extreme prejudice
Plus I'm allergic and I'll die
Are you allergic to wasps? I didn't even know that was a thing!

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got some fondant to feed them, it's basically disks of sugar. I just need to feed them a lot this winter, which sucks, cuz they're super angry nowadays every time I open the hive.
My mom tried to carry a box of fondant in her carry on bag on an airplane once (she's a cake baker) and TSA took it away because they said it was too much like a moldable plastic explosive and could be related to bomb making. o_O

Tjololo

Reaction score
I hate that I feel sorry for your bees because I hate bees :\
I feel sorry for them too. Sitting out there in the cold, watching their little fondant circle getting smaller and smaller, scrunching closer to keep the queen alive even as they feel the cold settling in on them, knowing that they have to protect the queen beyond all cost, regardless of how many of them die in the process...and each one that dies makes the hive that much colder and that much less likely to survive the winter...

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel sorry for them too. Sitting out there in the cold, watching their little fondant circle getting smaller and smaller, scrunching closer to keep the queen alive even as they feel the cold settling in on them, knowing that they have to protect the queen beyond all cost, regardless of how many of them die in the process...and each one that dies makes the hive that much colder and that much less likely to survive the winter...
Damn. I feel like crying over bees now.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.