01/22 - Tabby Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylycat

Reaction score
Just hit my daily goal, PE 20.63 Super happy, was too busy to be on most of the day, just happened to catch the right few things and the usual help from this forum. This place really is great. Hope everyone else makes their goal! Good night. :wave:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
zzzzz. approaching $7 (up there among my best days in my short career) and not a lot of stuff I want to chase in the last hour as I am being picky to keep my 99% approval rate right now and the few quick cheap HITs haven't been approved yet so I don't know if I would be wasting my time doing more of those.

Reactions: Leatherass

Sybil

Reaction score
Title: View and Judge Images(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Alex [A366LLBBFU3A4C] (Req TV): $16.48/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.41] [Fair: 3.97] [Comm: 3.69] [Fast: 3.81]
Description:
In this academic study, you will view images and make judgments about them.
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [1389] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [231332048-123804] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Reactions: aveline

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Serena went from 5-1 in the 3rd set against Pliskova to losing the set 5-7 and match
you see that just now? :eek:

Serena twisted her ankle a bit when she was serving up 5-1. she still had a few match points later in the set

holy moly

jklmnop @jklmnop
I am STILL shocked she didn't call the trainer. I see she just said in her presser that she doesn't like to call the trainer but ffs.

Reactions: Peachy

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
zzzzz. approaching $7 (up there among my best days in my short career) and not a lot of stuff I want to chase in the last hour as I am being picky to keep my 99% approval rate right now and the few quick cheap HITs haven't been approved yet so I don't know if I would be wasting my time doing more of those.
My approval rating is at 98.43%, thanks to that jerks HIT yesterday (the one who had me rank seven recordings of a woman's voice reading the same sentence, from least naturally sounding to most), and the woman's HIT that fails to have the age criteria in the title, or a screener that would ask my age in the beginning, keeping us both from wasting our time. The previous requester claimed "random choice". At least three of those recordings were EXACTLY the same. I have very good speakers hooked up to my desktop. I looked him up on TO, and he is red flag city.

I'll get back up to 99%. Stick with the ones you're comfortable with, and ask around about the ones you're not. I'm learning a lot here, just from asking questions. Had I not asked questions, and had I not read advice from the good people on this site, I would have accepted all of the "How natural (i.e. human-sounding) is this recording?" HITs, and woken up with about 15 rejections. Someone here wrote that if you're unsure of a requester, just do one HIT. If it comes back clean, you know that's someone you can work with.

Reactions: Azazael

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
My approval rating is at 98.43%, thanks to that jerks HIT yesterday
Mine would be about that, too, if I got one rejection as I'm right on the positive side of 99% right now.

Someone here wrote that if you're unsure of a requester, just do one HIT. If it comes back clean, you know that's someone you can work with.
That's what I've been doing with the easy peasy 1 or 2 cent'ers. My problem is the approval for those usually takes days so I don't get the instant feedback and confidence in doing it right that I want in order to dive right back in and do more while they are still posted.

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Sit in front of PC all day
Get Masters
Get other closed quals
Tell new turkers that masters and closed quals don't matter and that they don't work hard enough, or smart enough, or blah blah
60 is actually a good day for most turkers, good luck :)
*I definitely do the first one, already.
*From what I've read, Masters are few and far between, when it comes to receiving them.
*I don't know what closed quals means. I still have that new turk scent.
*Reading that fourth one makes me wonder if that's why people have been telling me that masters are rarely given.
*Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm going to try my best.

I'll have reached 1000 qualified HITs by Thursday. Right now, I have 874, with 79 pending. So...that's something. Right? Right?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
*Reading that fourth one makes me wonder if that's why people have been telling me that masters are rarely given.
A closed qual is just when a requester hands out a qualification for some work that they're posting, then they stop giving out more quals but continue to post more work. They may open those quals up to new workers every few months, or maybe never again. You'll see this a lot with batch requesters, and some quals can be very lucrative depending how often that requester is posting work and how seldom they open the qual up to new people.

The line about people saying masters and closed quals don't matter was, I'm assuming, a joke. People with good quals often have a tendency to downplay what they make off them, especially people with masters. I don't think there's any intentional dishonesty there, but I think with masters especially, it can be kinda easy to not really notice how much of your work actually comes from having that qual (and I think people just forget what not having it was even like after a while.) Masters and closed quals certainly do matter, and anyone that says otherwise is just being silly.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
There is a good audio masters batch up right now.

Reactions: aveline

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
yup, long time now, i can click the link and see them but searching the name....nope

also....still waiting on second Andy to approve >.>
it was either hidden by the filter, or whenever you tried to search the name it didn't appear cause of throttling
not too sure on that second one though, i thought that just happened when you click a panda link

Leatherass

Reaction score
*I definitely do the first one, already.
*From what I've read, Masters are few and far between, when it comes to receiving them.
*Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm going to try my best.

I'll have reached 1000 qualified HITs by Thursday. Right now, I have 874, with 79 pending. So...that's something. Right? Right?

I may have been a bit flippant in my post, all I really meant was it's pointless comparing earnings to others, especially around the forum, many of these folks have been doing this shit for years, I do hope you reach your goal tomorrow though, but if you don't, don't sweat it, especially sub 1k approved it's difficult, it will get easier.
all "closed qual" means is qualifications that some requesters assign to their HIT's, that require a test or something, that are currently closed to new turkers, you will get some, don't sweat it :)

also, I need to re watch that movie

Status
Not open for further replies.