01/24 - Toasty Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmelssx

Reaction score
*(#&^()#*^#()&* barely completed in time (did not start the second I got it) and yet it wasn't submitted because the timer was a few seconds ahead of the display.

Second time that's happened today. It's like either you have to pass up on most of the work you can get or you end up doing the work and not getting paid a LOT.

Edit: Those two hits would have increased my PE 50%.
50%?! o_O What HITs are you doing?

Reactions: themildone

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The first time I've ever half-assed a discharge room is the first time the supervisor decides to check my work.

Also hey.
oh no :( what'd they say?

Reactions: Jaded

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Anybody do the image task from NTB Lab and have an accurate time on it? Getting to feel like it's never going to end

Reactions: thismegan

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I once won a $60 bonus off a raffle thingy HIT where it ask you to pick a random number from 1-100, and if you pick the right number you get the 60 dollar bonus, and I picked 59 and got the bonus.
my biggest bonus ever was like $24. so this $19 is my second biggest bonus. i’ve been turking for 3 and a half years now. the majority are usually just 0.01 to $1.00. i guess the more surveys you do the more fluke rare bonuses you can potentially get

Dhaze

Reaction score
first time this week the trace batch i been liking hasnt been posted. Glad i Caught it this morning and got about 20$ worth done. Other then that I havent been making much off anything else and this is my first week over 1000 approved hits. 98.8% so maybe once i hit 99 Ill see the difference.

Reactions: Katia2019

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
If a complection code is like

Here is your completion code: 2309875420--lasdkljlka-a.

Do you put the . in?

jan

Reaction score
Title: Kellogg eLab Study 21904E | Accept
Requester: Kellogg eLab [A38F9E5MUX5ZBI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.79] [Pay=3.92] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.21] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=2.60] [Fair=4.43] [Reviews=24] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.99] [Pen=1.67 days] [Res=null] [Rec=75%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=2]
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: ~20 min survey
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US; 21904E_i Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
You know I think I just never noticed them before or something? My brain is fried. Thanks!
I think they're supposed to be designed to ignore a trailing . or ", because I've forgotten and included them and it worked. But generally I don't include them.

Mr_AvocadoMan

Reaction score
If a complection code is like

Here is your completion code: 2309875420--lasdkljlka-a.

Do you put the . in?
I wouldn't. I assume that the creator of the survey just wanted to put a period at the end. They wouldn't have period included in the survey code because they fear confusion.

Reactions: Despairagus

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
*(#&^()#*^#()&* barely completed in time (did not start the second I got it) and yet it wasn't submitted because the timer was a few seconds ahead of the display.

Second time that's happened today. It's like either you have to pass up on most of the work you can get or you end up doing the work and not getting paid a LOT.

Edit: Those two hits would have increased my PE 50%.
I know that feeling. It's frustrating. I don't like not getting paid for the effort and time I put in.

What I started doing is if I'm low on time and know I'm going to finish the HIT, I will go ahead and submit it with my worker ID. After I finish, I message the requester and tell them I submitted with my ID because the timer was running low and I give them the completion code I received. I've never run into a problem doing this. I've done it several times and requesters have been understanding and approved the HIT.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I know that feeling. It's frustrating. I don't like not getting paid for the effort and time I put in.

What I started doing is if I'm low on time and know I'm going to finish the HIT, I will go ahead and submit it with my worker ID. After I finish, I message the requester and tell them I submitted with my ID because the timer was running low and I give them the completion code I received. I've never run into a problem doing this. I've done it several times and requesters have been understanding and approved the HIT.
that's a genius idea that I've never thought of. Thanks!

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
My PE is 9.15 now. It is terrible, and I don't know if I even want to try for the other .85 to round it to 10. Bleh... At least I did school stuff. I'm sure Patrick Henry would want me to be free of this yoke of Amazonian oppression, right? He would tell me to throw off the chains that bind and... something.... yes, something...

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
My PE is 9.15 now. It is terrible, and I don't know if I even want to try for the other .85 to round it to 10. Bleh... At least I did school stuff. I'm sure Patrick Henry would want me to be free of this yoke of Amazonian oppression, right? He would tell me to throw off the chains that bind and... something.... yes, something...
Bleeehhh. 16.37, which would feel less bad except for this:

Today's Returned HITs 11 $10.70

This is not feeling at all worth my time. I vote for going and doing something that feels less oppressive.

Launches Elder Scrolls Online
lol, dammit, if I do that now that's the whole day gone and the boyfriend will do sadface when he gets home from work. Which is, you don't understand, basically the worst thing ever.

*sighs, trudges bravely off to homework*

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
Bleeehhh. 16.37, which would feel less bad except for this:

Today's Returned HITs 11 $10.70

This is not feeling at all worth my time. I vote for going and doing something that feels less oppressive.
Today is just a prickly, restless Mturk fiasco day... If any of the webpage review Content Research hits come up, I'll come back.. but otherwise... I've been sitting here all stressed and cussing up a storm in my head at every damned thing... *&)# breathing! (*)@Y CHAIR MOVING, *@&^)#@ hiccup!

Edit: Well, I mean it's not like I'm leaving the forum... you guys are on the second monitor hahaha...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.