01/25 - We Are Number One on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
that sounds awful. glad you opened up though. I feel like i'm in a similar situation... just feeling like I don't have enough. To be honest, I've never even had a decent paying job for longer than 3 months. I graduated college in 2009 thinking that because I've been getting A's and B's my whole life that I was somehow prepared for the world. A year and 5 jobs later, I was bagging groceries. Still do it today when I'm not turking. My depression comes from the fact that I always thought that the hard work I did in school would lead to me having an awesome career and lots of money, and now it feels like I'm so far behind even the people that dropped out of middle school.

I got a question for you... you can answer it here if you want or you could ask it to yourself... What would have to (realistically) happen in your life that would make everything perfect?
Pardon me if I don't address your situation in depth right now. I don't think I'm up to it, But I strongly suggest you watch the vid I'm going to post, and that you consider buying the book "The Happiness Advantage" by Shawn Achor. What kind of degree did you get, and how old are you? About 28?

Me? I need to get out of this "town." There is NOTHING here. And I mean NOTHING. I need to make more money. I'm living on reduced social security. And I need a vehicle that I can rely on. My truck is constantly a total pain in the ass. And it would be a good thing if I had a therapist with whom I "connected."

And the video will at least give you a laugh, which is always a good thing. (More later when I'm up to it.)

creativename

Reaction score
part of your problem is you're comparing yourself to others. You cant live like that. You're not behind people that dropped out of middle school. You're still you. You see the world around you and think why I dont I have that? Life is unfair like that. Why do other people get those jobs? I cant answer that. But, I do know that in order to be happy, you gotta start looking at the small victories instead of the big picture. And in due time even if takes you till you're 50. You'll reach that goal. it's not a sprint it's a marathon
I strugle with things like this also. I registerd just to say thank you. Reading this made me feel better. Thanks for the HITS also. Nice website. :) *hug*

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Less than 1 min
Title: Answer a survey about a situation regarding watching a play | PANDA
Requester: Altsuss [A1ATES40ZPE477] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.33] [Fair: 4.91] [Comm: 4.69] [Fast: 4.76]
Description:
Give us your opinion in a yes/no question and in a couple short follow-up questions
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 67
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: test id has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US;
Something seriously weird about that. Survey content so I can't say what.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Less than 1 min
Title: Answer a survey about a situation regarding watching a play | PANDA
Requester: Altsuss [A1ATES40ZPE477] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.33] [Fair: 4.91] [Comm: 4.69] [Fast: 4.76]
Description:
Give us your opinion in a yes/no question and in a couple short follow-up questions
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 67
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: test id has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US;
I wondering if it's messed up because EDIT: ... survey content... *sigh*

Reactions: catnapped

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey on media use, sexuality, and relationships(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Carlos Velez [A3SVQ3LY6TT5FK] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
Description:
$3.00 survey for SINGLE MEN, 25-30 YEARS OLD-Social media use, sexuality, and relationships.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Exc: [978358508-31461] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Different one.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
I wondering if it's messed up because it seems to just jump to the demographics page and asks you if you've done a survey like this? Weird...
I just did it and it was like a normal survey, except the code which was odd.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Pardon me if I don't address your situation in depth right now. I don't think I'm up to it, But I strongly suggest you watch the vid I'm going to post, and that you consider buying the book "The Happiness Advantage" by Shawn Achor. What kind of degree did you get, and how old are you? About 28?

Me? I need to get out of this "town." There is NOTHING here. And I mean NOTHING. I need to make more money. I'm living on reduced social security. And I need a vehicle that I can rely on. My truck is constantly a total pain in the ass. And it would be a good thing if I had a therapist with whom I "connected."

And the video will at least give you a laugh, which is always a good thing. (More later when I'm up to it.)
I have had a lot of people recommend that book to me and hadn't even thought to look for free videos until I can afford the book. Thanks so much for this post!

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Was weird, but 2.5min.
Chris,lab hates me. I haven't been able to work one of their HITs in a while. I'm okay with it but, that one was right in my 6yo nephew's wheelhouse. I was going to get him to help.:p

Reactions: ChristopherASA

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
that's how much a decent 1br apt in a relatively safe spot is in north Houston as well. the struggle is real
I lived in and out of campgrounds throughout my life. Camper wasn't huge but it was spacious enough, and it was around 250-300/month utilities included then. Simpler, peaceful times :ok:

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score