01/28 - This I Promise You on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowsbane1988

Literally Pam
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't want to jinx it but Sergey has been posting in the middle of the night/early morning the last two days.
Did my best day by far yesterday, $226, thanks to it.
Oh hey, I meant to ask. Which Sergey's posted last night/night before? Was it the uncapped batch, the $1.50 trashy ones, or ?

Shadowsbane1988

Literally Pam
Contributor
Reaction score
Project Refelction 0.30 hit
Danke :). Those aren't bad at all. I did quite well with those yesterday while they were up in the late afternoon. Here's hoping he posts again tonight so I can make some $.

panzer

. . .
Contributor
Reaction score
What? I didn't see any Sergeys last night...

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Holy fu...I had my best turking day ever when that giant Sergey batch dropped on Tuesday and I did $45.
Yea I forgot it's passed midnight.
Anyway, it was the 27th.
There was a early morning batch and a afternoon batch.
Early morning was beaaaaaaaast.

I meant to tell you that you dun gud. You dun real gud, son.

Now do it on a day when Sergey isn't around.
Previous best was $185, without Sergey.
Now ask me to do it without VDX around and I'll be in trouble.
I can feel my skills increasing day by day though. :pompus:

Dinglefusser

"Essss A Jay"
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
When I die haha you think the politicians are f'd now jesus christ wait till the next couple gen's roll in there

Shadowsbane1988

Literally Pam
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Theresa Kelly for work related to 3OWZNK3RYKO5D5NF7ZZEL68HE7YU21
The value of your bonus is: $0.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
The survey took longer than expected, so everyone gets a 50 cent bonus.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

Love it when requesters notice time differences and step up. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Reactions: lobo925

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Previous best was $185.
Now ask me to do it without VDX around and I'll be in trouble.
I can feel my skills increasing day by day though. :pompus:
I think it was the same for most of us big number workers. I cut my teeth on big ass batches of Taste of the World restaurant hits. It prepared me really well for batch work. I'll never forget my first $100 day... then it was $200... $300... I've made it far past that in a day a number of times, but those were entirely due to catching multiple super high paying hits in a single day. Or the occasional max out on .20+ batches.

If I can offer some advice... wean yourself off of VDX. I went through a period after Taste stopped posting where I had gotten so used to making bank on their batches I forgot how to grind out filler batches and search for shit. It was a pretty rough period and my earnings sagged significantly... had trouble motivating myself to work "scrub" hits and the lower earnings just straight up killed my productivity and attitude... try setting yourself a low "daily vdx goal"... then after you hit it spend some time doing other stuff whether they are still up or not. Sounds counter intuitive... but VDX isn't a super juicy batch and you'll do yourself a favor staying lean and hungry by maintaining the attitude that you can take them or leave them.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm trying to invent a system that'll allow me to do breligs without typing. That way I can do them all the time. Plz advise.
I think at that point you might make slightly more money selling such a system to other companies rather than using it for turking.

Reactions: Shadowsbane1988

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think it was the same for most of us big number workers. I cut my teeth on big ass batches of Taste of the World restaurant hits. It prepared me really well for batch work. I'll never forget my first $100 day... then it was $200... $300... I've made it far past that in a day a number of times, but those were entirely due to catching multiple super high paying hits in a single day. Or the occasional max out on .20+ batches.

If I can offer some advice... wean yourself off of VDX. I went through a period after Taste stopped posting where I had gotten so used to making bank on their batches I forgot how to grind out filler batches and search for shit. It was a pretty rough period and my earnings sagged significantly... had trouble motivating myself to work "scrub" hits and the lower earnings just straight up killed my productivity and attitude... try setting yourself a low "daily vdx goal"... then after you hit it spend some time doing other stuff whether they are still up or not. Sounds counter intuitive... but VDX isn't a super juicy batch and you'll do yourself a favor staying lean and hungry by maintaining the attitude that you can take them or leave them.
Thanks for the advice man.
The psychological aspect you're totally on point with. I passed on some good batches today....just not being "hungry" enough....knowing that VDX will trickle in all day.
Probably could have done another $200 day if I was focused.

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
WTF Amazon. Logged me out when I went to submit a HIT, and when I got back in to try to submit it again, it says I already took it. Stop logging us out!

Reactions: Shadowsbane1988

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I usually make the bulk of my money from surveys, and after I did that Sergey batch surveys just seemed like a giant waste of time, I looked down on them and when one asked me for money, I told it to get a job.
I had forgotten my roots...

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice man.
The psychological aspect you're totally on point with. I passed on some good batches today....just not being "hungry" enough....knowing that VDX will trickle in all day.
Probably could have done another $200 day if I was focused.
I wish I could watch you work for like 5 minutes. I know there is so much I can do to step up my game, but I havent found the way. You motivate a lot of people who want to get to that level....so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.