01/31 - Treacle Tuesday!

Have you voted for January's Crowd Pleaser?

• Yes, I did!

• No, but I will right now! http://goo.gl/WX2rtN

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
no not to me. it's unclear to me. but I'm pretty tired so that might be clear to everyone else.

edit: wait yes you're right. that means each person can do 500 from this batch...maybe.
Okay, I double checked and it's all good. From Kari:

So even if we did 500 from the last batch, we can do another 500 now. I just want to make sure I'm following your guidelines. Thank you.

Yes that is correct. Thanks for checking.

D

Deleted member 526

how does it help mturk to throttle batches. the only difference is that now I hit f5 5-10 times for every 1 hit I turn in. maybe it helps mturk because eventually people give up and won't work on those hits anymore.

DesolationRow

Unknown Member
Reaction score
"Yes, but only input field to type credit card number in Shopping Cart/Checkout with no credit card logos or names shown"

When selecting this option, how are you supposed to know if Visa or Discover are accepted?

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
how does it help mturk to throttle batches. the only difference is that now I hit f5 5-10 times for every 1 hit I turn in. maybe it helps mturk because eventually people give up and won't work on those hits anymore.
it's a pain. probably made that CI batch last a couple hrs longer this past Saturday. casual turkers who don't use scripts/visit forums probably do give up after awhile

Reactions: Deleted member 526

DesolationRow

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Jeff DeWitt for work related to 37SOB9Z0SSXC2HZUSKOD7T7LK1S3LF.
The value of your bonus is: $10.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
"In a recent HIT you were asked to allocate a $10 bonus payment/Amazon gift card payment between yourself and another person. Based on your choices, you are receiving $10 as payment. If you have any questions, please contact [mod edit]

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Last edited by a moderator:

sandyriver

Reaction score
I'm just going to leave the money in the prolific account, and cash out once a month I think. Even if it's a pound or two a day, that'll add up. I just like how you know going in that the survey is worth the time involved.
I usually transfer to paypal once it hits 50pounds. seeing that the canadian dollar is also in the dumps, it helps me get an ok exchange rate during transfer.
on the contrary mturk for us canadians is not with much incentive as we end up with amaz gc. i bought some gifts with last yrs money for christmas. I need to order to my sisters place and pick it up whenever we meet. I wish mturk would wake up and give us too the option of bank transfer.

Reactions: TylerS

weakman

Reaction score
Mturk doesn't even need throttle. Amazon and Microsoft have the biggest servers in the world and can handle us easily.

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
That SONYCNYU hit was fun. I wish more mturk hits required you to just label audio.

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
"Yes, but only input field to type credit card number in Shopping Cart/Checkout with no credit card logos or names shown"

When selecting this option, how are you supposed to know if Visa or Discover are accepted?
You don't unless you type in the 6011/4100 and a logo pops up. I messaged her about it, if those logos don't pop up, answer no to the rest of the questions along with "Yes, but only input field..."

Reactions: DesolationRow

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

You can do it as explained above/in the directions, or you can click the FAQ, which usually has "What payment options yadayada" as the first link/question, with a list.

Clarity edit: By this, I mean that when you see the input fields/no other info, just check the FAQ. For me personally, it is going more quickly, as sometimes it takes a minute for the numbers to auto-pop the info.

Last edited:
Reactions: DesolationRow

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Short Survey about Relationships (MEN ONLY)(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Amanda Haik [A19F754570P8QJ] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Description:
This is a brief survey asking your thoughts and feelings about relationships that will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; Exc: [1027124-31969] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.3.7

D

Deleted member 526

Mturk doesn't even need throttle. Amazon and Microsoft have the biggest servers in the world and can handle us easily.
why do you think mturk batch throttles? the only other thing that happens is that our hourly rate goes down.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
why do you think mturk batch throttles? the only other thing that happens is that our hourly rate goes down.
I'm sure their reasoning is something to do with servers.

Reactions: Deleted member 526

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Wow, literally everything on this website is sold out. lol Some of these are so not worth a quarter.

Reactions: muffin
Status
Not open for further replies.