02/01 - sMiley Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I'd just like to remind everyone that this is a community for sharing. The whole "secret batch" mentality isn't part of the culture that we want for this forum. You're more than welcome to not post batches that you're working on, but please don't judge others for sharing or come on here and brag about how much money your making while others are complaining about not seeing any HITs to work on. It's kinda rude and unnecessary.

chuchotant

I made that batch faaamous
Reaction score
Are there any Canadians on here that make decent money on mturk (not for me, I"m in the US and I never make the impossible $30 everyday). Just wondering if you guys get some of the same suff US'ers get.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Are there any Canadians on here that make decent money on mturk (not for me, I"m in the US and I never make the impossible $30 everyday). Just wondering if you guys get some of the same suff US'ers get.
I see a lot of surverys that are for US and CA. I'm not sure what % though.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
THE WEEKLY CROWD FUNDS

TOTAL HITS SUBMITTE:eek: 88021
TOTAL HITS ACCEPTE:eek: 81548
TOTAL HITS REJECTE:eek: 27
TOTAL BONUSES: $267.22
TOTAL HIT EARNINGS: $6787.38

TOTAL EARNINGS: $7054.60
YTD TOTAL:$19922.84

Average Moe Turk earned $207.48 this week. He submitted 2588 HITs, had 2398 approved and 1 rejection. His total bonus would be $7.85.
*Jane Turk

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Totally
What he said.

:love:
Thirded! I can usually make my daily goal just based on what people post here. It's great for when I'm traveling or mobile and can't run Hitscraper.

chuchotant

I made that batch faaamous
Reaction score
I see a lot of surverys that are for US and CA. I'm not sure what % though.
Thank you
I'm about to tell a Canadian about mturk, I will be sure to refer her here too.

jan

Reaction score
I was approved.

As I commented pages back, the ACs were VERY sneaky. One of the shadiest HITs I have ever seen AC wise. Especially for a .25 HIT. I *almost* missed them; am surprised I caught them, to be honest. Sheer luck.

Not blaming, y'all! Just saying.... I doubt they will overturn any rejections. There were ACs, and they were VERY well hidden. The few who caught them (by luck alone, because I am usually oblivious AF to ... everything) got approved.

The rejections sound valid, but the HIT was shady and risky with such a jackass AC system that I doubt I will ever attempt another of their HITs....

:meh:
I think they will overturn, if the folks who are rejected appeal to her chair (I think she's just a student, no?). Or send a nice letter to her IRB

An AC is supposed to catch inattention. It is not supposed to catch the majority of hit takers -
This was too tricky and, therefore, not a valid measure of attention.

I'm not saying this to refute you - just for those that DID get rejected. Send an email to her chair - and let them know that what happened was patently unfair - since it was.

I did not take the survey, btw, so I didn't see the AC's in question. But it's clear that if most people (and I think it looks like if not most, then a substantial number) missed it, it was just a sneaky thing.

Last edited:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Mountains approved for me (not sure when) & I've reached 5,015 approved hits, woohoo!
All googles except Sergey have a 22 hour AA.
Sergey just does whatever the fudge he wants. :cigar:

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd make more money if I didn't come here and just used the tools I learned here to find hits. But then that would be a lot like work and fuck that.

Reactions: MirrorMan

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
I don't think my mind can wrap around what a fitted dress is, RIP this round of A9

Reactions: kryss

scout

Contributor
Reaction score
I think they will overturn, if the folks who are rejected appeal to her chair (I think she's just a student, no?). Or send a nice letter to her IRB

An AC is supposed to catch inattention. It is not supposed to catch the majority of hit takers -
This was too tricky and, therefore, not a valid measure of attention.

I'm not saying this to refute you - just for those that DID get rejected. Send an email to her chair - and let them know that what happened was patently unfair - since it was.

I did not take the survey, btw, so I didn't see the AC's in question. But it's clear that if most people (and I think it looks like if not most, then a substantial number) missed it, it was just a sneaky thing.
oh, i agree with you. it is always a good idea to reach out with any rejection. there is always a chance they will overturn. the only reason i am inclined to think this person wont is because of how sneaky they were.

i wish i could write *what* the worst AC was in that survey because i remember catching it at the last second like "oooo that's messed up, man!" i agree with you that this method of ACs is NOT OKAY. this wasn't just to catch attention, this was setting people up for failure. that super sucks! :/

Reactions: Lenna15

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Enchantment: Questions & Words (Part II)(~ 17 minutes)
Requester: Justin Dainer-Best [AAYHQ7CO6JGOT] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 3.14 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 2.33 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.50 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.70 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 16
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: How do I describe myself, again? Answer a survey & do a short task. Get a bonus for completing the second portion.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: Inc: [19-5793] has been granted
if you did the first one

Status
Not open for further replies.