Champion
Reaction score
hmm, maybe it's a different game then.

Reactions: dillydally

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah it also depends on what you did before. I went from working at a grocery store part time to turking 5 days a week and working at the grocery store 1 day a week. It works out better for me because at my grocery store they were stingy and random with hours. On mturk I can just work whenever I want without getting on my hands and knees and begging my boss for more hours that I won't get.
Yeah, same here. With retail, they never gave me set hours. A lot went into my decision to quit, like my 30 minute commute, the weather (I live in Colorado so we get snow,) and other workers. When I got my raise it was only 20 cents. And when I quit, my bosses literally told me, "It's okay. You are completely replaceable." That showed me the reality of it all (I mean I knew I was replaceable but why tell me that lol) and how little they cared for how hard I worked. Plus, the place I worked at, hours were given to us depending on how a completely different department did. So it wasn't based on how hard I worked or how much I needed the hours. Long rant is long, but I totally feel you on that. I can control my hours, work as long as I want/need to, and I don't have anyone barking orders at me or rude customers. :bode:

Reactions: thedorchannel

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Qualifier: Super Bowl Survey | PANDA
Requester: Aleksandra Kovacheva [AS0EW1HZMWOYN] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.08][Fair: 4.52][Comm: 4.00][Fast: 4.74]
Description:
We will ask you a few short questions. 1-2 min. ONLY IF YOU PLAN ON WATCHING THE SUPER BOWL THIS SUNDAY on TV.
Time: 2 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.22
Qualifications: StStudy has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Location is US

Title: Pick the winners of College Basketball Games (UNU), ~15 minutes, 3pm ET Today | PANDA
Requester: Unanimous A.I. [A1OVB3ATBAQ1KM] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.04][Fair: 4.65][Comm: 4.20][Fast: 4.76]
Description:
Pick the winners of College Basketball Games (UNU), ~15 minutes, 3pm ET Today
Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Location is US

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Academic Research Study 19 | PANDA
Requester: Airom Bleicher [A215LCMFUNRKYK] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.25][Fair: 3.85][Comm: 2.30][Fast: 3.93]
Description:
In this study you will read about events that affected people or groups of people took and evaluate them.
Time: 15 minutes
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US

click req name for more if this one is gone

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
Never mind must be some weird MTG stuff...

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
Yeah, same here. With retail, they never gave me set hours. A lot went into my decision to quit, like my 30 minute commute, the weather (I live in Colorado so we get snow,) and other workers. When I got my raise it was only 20 cents. And when I quit, my bosses literally told me, "It's okay. You are completely replaceable." That showed me the reality of it all (I mean I knew I was replaceable but why tell me that lol) and how little they cared for how hard I worked. Plus, the place I worked at, hours were given to us depending on how a completely different department did. So it wasn't based on how hard I worked or how much I needed the hours. Long rant is long, but I totally feel you on that. I can control my hours, work as long as I want/need to, and I don't have anyone barking orders at me or rude customers. :bode:
"And when I quit, my bosses literally told me, "It's okay. You are completely replaceable."

What a bunch of assholes.

I quit because I couldn't get hours, even though they said that we had to work x amount of hours. Would love to, how about you make them available? Decided to let it all go and give this a try full time. Right now I'm only doing slightly better, which is uncomfortable, but hopefully I'll get really good at this and make the high rollers in here bow down and gasp at my PE every day.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
"And when I quit, my bosses literally told me, "It's okay. You are completely replaceable."

What a bunch of assholes.

I quit because I couldn't get hours, even though they said that we had to work x amount of hours. Would love to, how about you make them available? Decided to let it all go and give this a try full time. Right now I'm only doing slightly better, which is uncomfortable, but hopefully I'll get really good at this and make the high rollers in here bow down and gasp at my PE every day.
For real. At the end of my week there, I overheard the managers making fun of other people who worked hard for them. Saw their true colors that day. I respected them quite a lot before all of that.

I am in the same boat as you, really. I am able to pay bills but it takes a lot of work to do it. But every day I remind myself of how lucky I am that I'm here, at home, in my Pajamas. I'd rather do this any day than work retail or food service. It's a cruel world out there, but ya'll are nice people :glomp:

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.