02/07 - Thumpin' Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Aha, here the little bastard is. This survey lulls you into a false sense of security and then whacks you upside the head with "recall a time" once you're far enough into it that it feels kinda bad to throw it back. Avoid, unless you're really into remembering times you felt bad for pennies

Title: Consumer Preference and Experience Survey(~ 16 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: mturk.admin [A1600ITGM7SNAE] (Req TV): $11.40/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
A quick survey about consumer preference and experience. You may complete this particular survey only once.
Time: 50 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; Exc: [-553353090-127506] DoesNotExist ; Location In CAUS; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96;

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
How do you actually get this qual from them? "CR Experienced worker has been granted" I'm guessing you can't just request it. Do they occasionally post HITs that are open to everyone or is it just too late?
I think I got this qual because I was already qual'd for the 5 cent question edit hits (which have an actual qual hit that you have to do a certain number of) and the 20 cent review a website hits which also have qual hits periodically that you have to do a certain number of. I know there wasn't any qualification hit for this or a few random other ones; I just had it.

Reactions: OldTurkey

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Title: Answer Questions about Cognitive Enhancement Pills like Adderall and Ritalin (5-15 min) | PANDA
Requester: ChatLab [APVT8EG7FW2IF] (Req TV): $19.93/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will be presented with hypothetical scenarios regarding cognitive enhancement pills and asked your opinion about them.
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Previous Participation in Public Perception of CE Pills DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US;

5:22, mostly harmless
6 min, great HIT

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
I hate odd cents on the end of my PE. I want even numbers. :shifty:

Reactions: Theta Carinae

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
I don't like these Hannahs.
Same.

Me neither.

I'm going to protest myself into not making my weekly goal. No Hannahs! No math!
and same.

I haven't returned the ones I caught yet, just staring at the instructions waiting for them to magically become do-able without hurting my brain lol.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Do you have to be taking those pills to do it?
well... I'm not so... unsure they asked that. Why, you offering? :)

"description: You will be presented with hypothetical scenarios regarding cognitive enhancement pills and asked your opinion about them"

Reactions: Theta Carinae

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I can be pretty crafty... I mean I work from home so rent counts, right? /s
Good way to get audited and have to prove that. I don't do a home office for my taxes because the room I use and computer is not used exclusively for working.

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
well... I'm not so... unsure they asked that. Why, you offering? :)

"description: You will be presented with hypothetical scenarios regarding cognitive enhancement pills and asked your opinion about them"

lol omg with my palpitations lately I'm not even drinking coffee right now! lol

Hmm I'll give it a try.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Good way to get audited and have to prove that. I don't do a home office for my taxes because the room I use and computer is not used exclusively for working.
Yeah I was kidding. It's also in my lease agreement that I can't claim the apt or run businesses out of it or some crap, so it's not worth it. I run a small business as well, so I'm already bringing too much attention to myself. Uncle Sam can keep his peepers aimed elsewhere.

OldTurkey

Reaction score
Title: Qualifying test for: Classify which phrases best complete a description. (V2) | PANDA
Requester: Rowan Zellers [A2RVUSQQ0150J2] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: Given a partial caption describing a video, classify potential endings as possible, unlikely, or gibberish, and pick the best two.
Time: 3600
Reward: $0.07
Qualifications: Location In AU,CA,GB,IE,NZ,US;Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000;ClassifyEndingsQual DoesNotExist ;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
I had this and I was reading the instructions when I got an emergency phone call. When I got back after about 20 minutes (and there should have been a good 30 minutes left on the timer) it was just... gone! Like it had timed out.

Now I can't accept any of these. If I search for "rowan zellers" I can still see the HIT and I appear to be qualified, but I can't even preview it. It just tells me "There are no more of these HITs available." Wha...?

I've never seen a HIT time out before the timer expired before! That was just... crazy!

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I have never ran into this after 8 years of doing self employed taxes.
the standard deduction went skyhigh this year which is why it's like $12K for a single person and I can see that it would make deducting things harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.