02/12 - Flirtatious Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: A survey on estimates(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Julia Minson [A35QRRKSLEDRZA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.19] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.76] [Fast=4.91] [Comm=2.67] [Fair=4.80] [Reviews=65] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 23
Description: A survey on estimates
Qualifications: Exc: [8820635-275175] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: jan

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Consumers' Perceptions of Artificial Intelligence(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ozge Aybat [A2FKESJNA6ZFZ5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.43] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.24] [Fast=4.89] [Comm=1.50] [Fair=4.40] [Reviews=33] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 30:00
Available: 23
Description: You will be asked to share your opinions and answer on a consumer survey that focuses on using artificial intelligence in marketing. The survey will take around 10 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [275649-275060] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

charlie

Reaction score
when will these hits come. is there any specific time
nobody ever knows. i've seen quals show up minutes before a batch is dropped and others that didn't show up for a week or more if at all. Sometimes quals get posted but the related studies or tasks are paused or canceled. mew @mew is just a bot that is pulling and posting the quals as they are discovered. Before mew it was like pulling teeth to find new quals.

Reactions: jan and heaps

charlie

Reaction score
i see we're in for another slow start to the day.
on another note, in case you weren't aware there was a 100+ car pile up / 6 fatality (so far) yesterday in my hometown, Fort Worth, after cars lost control and could not stop on black ice on express lanes yesterday morning. Worst auto accident this area has ever seen. Please please please be careful wherever you are and if, like me, you are in Texas, please do not assume you can drive on the roads this weekend if you're where the ice is now and expected to be through next week. Your families need you more than your work or school.

heaps

Reaction score
nobody ever knows. i've seen quals show up minutes before a batch is dropped and others that didn't show up for a week or more if at all. Sometimes quals get posted but the related studies or tasks are paused or canceled. mew @mew is just a bot that is pulling and posting the quals as they are discovered. Before mew it was like pulling teeth to find new quals.
thanks for the info

charlie

Reaction score
thanks for the info
certainly! You'll see ABQ (always be qualing) around here from time to time and if you're familiar with Glengarry Glen Ross you'll get the reference. Do as many qualification hits whether they're pulled by Mew or posted as a regular HIT because that's how the requestor chose to post them as you can because you just never know. A lot of people are doing a lot of great hits because they passed the qualifications for them. A lot more of us have quals that have just been taking up space for years.

charlie

Reaction score
Time for coffee. Not sure I'll be on much this morning. Have to get more gas for the generator and we have a homeschool meet today :)
i'll be on for most of the day but i'll need to hit up the grocery store a bit later because we are quite literally about to get snowed in and if you know anything about Texas you know that we will pretty much shut down for the next week. I live on the bottom of a hill and the closest grocery to me is up a pretty steep hill so no way i'll be attempting that drive over the next week :D

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

PandaThief

Reaction score
i'll be on for most of the day but i'll need to hit up the grocery store a bit later because we are quite literally about to get snowed in and if you know anything about Texas you know that we will pretty much shut down for the next week. I live on the bottom of a hill and the closest grocery to me is up a pretty steep hill so no way i'll be attempting that drive over the next week :D
Didn't even know it snows in the Dallas-FW area, is this the norm ?

charlie

Reaction score
Didn't even know it snows in the Dallas-FW area, is this the norm ?
snow is not common. ice, however, is. We got a trace of snow in January and this arctic front that is affecting everyone is bringing Texas the coldest temperatures we have seen in years and in some cases ever. Real measurable snow (3 or more inches) seems to occur about every 10 years or so. We have a worse problem with ice. Remember that North Texas is very flat and not a lot to block the fronts that come so temperatures in the 30s are normal for us this time of year. Moisture is not common this time of year for a lot of reason but when it comes it comes with a vengeance. 10 years ago the ice was horrific. Everything was covered in well more than an inch of pure ice. Yesterday, frozen precip caused black ice in the usual trouble spots (bridges, overpasses, etc) and even on treated roads black ice can still happen. The current forecast is calling for 4 inches or more snow but that is likely to change as we get closer to the actual event. Whatever hits is going to stick around for a week because we're not expected out of the 20s until Friday next week. This stuff is supposed to impact a large portion of the state even down to Central Texas (Austin area) and further. Central Texas got hit pretty bad yesterday with an ice storm and today they're still dealing with massive power outages. Hopefully that all gets resolved today.

JCIII

Reaction score
With so many grocery delivery options now this is a perfect choice to use them and avoid driving on the ICE.

Reactions: HelloHello

charlie

Reaction score
With so many grocery delivery options now this is a perfect choice to use them and avoid driving on the ICE.
6 one 1/2 dozen the other. Either way there is a risk to someone and frankly some of those Favor or other drivers delivering things like groceries on a normal day have cars that i wouldn't want anywhere near ice. I hate driving on ice but I've done it enough times and my car can handle slick roads better than a light sedan. Also, it's an SUV so in case of wreck I'm in a much safer position than most Uber/Lyft/Favor drivers.

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.