02/13 - The Longest Day Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I just found out that with items shipped by a seller directly versus Amazon by USPS only gets you tracking information that shows departure and actual delivery unless you opt to pay USPS for detailed information! That is totally bogus to me!

Reactions: rsmath

chrisd6

Reaction score
I just found out that with items shipped by a seller directly versus Amazon by USPS only gets you tracking information that shows departure and actual delivery unless you opt to pay USPS for detailed information! That is totally bogus to me!
Sounds like an easy money grab to me... they could have that tracking info for pennies on the dollar and probably do have it. you just have to pay to have it as well:cautious:

Reactions: HelloHello

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
i didn't know there was more detailed usps tracking info.

all i ever get, amazon or otherwise, is a label created entry, package acceptance (non-amazon) or waiting for partner amazon to deliver package to usps, a entry when my mail carrier's station gets the package on my carrier's vehicle, and then a delivery entry.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Sounds like an easy money grab to me... they could have that tracking info for pennies on the dollar and probably do have it. you just have to pay to have it as well:cautious:
i'm surprised they have detailed tracking. when something hasn't moved for a long time, it is an ordeal for usps to look for it. If there was super detailed internal info, you think it would be trivial for them to know the most recent sorting or other usps facility the package was at and make the search easier.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: Phishing Experiment | PANDA
Requester: Mohamed Abdel Hamid [A15175IY3P6J5V] (Req TV): $17.07/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Give us your opinion about whether an email is suspicious or not and answer questions [About 15 minutes]
Time: 48 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: None;
my fishing is awful. i'd be much more busy and happier on turk if only i caught more fishes (HITS).

chrisd6

Reaction score
i'm surprised they have detailed tracking. when something hasn't moved for a long time, it is an ordeal for usps to look for it. If there was super detailed internal info, you think it would be trivial for them to know the most recent sorting or other usps facility the package was at and make the search easier.
I used to work on the freight shipping side of things so I don't know how much this applies to small packages but....

they tag and scan every single item. It takes an extra 5-10 seconds to do and every major shipper I've worked around has done it. I honestly assumed they all do it

HelloHello

Reaction score
i didn't know there was more detailed usps tracking info.

all i ever get, amazon or otherwise, is a label created entry, package acceptance (non-amazon) or waiting for partner amazon to deliver package to usps, a entry when my mail carrier's station gets the package on my carrier's vehicle, and then a delivery entry.
Check the USPS site!

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Tracked time: 53 minutes
Tracked earnings: $58

Does anyone have any advice for a nice gesture for valentines day? I've procrastinated hardcore.
i say put a ring on it and thank xlabs for funding your engagement ring and have your wedding in the shadow of mt. rainier so you can invite the xlabs staff. :)

oh, realistically. prepare for the breakup since you weren't ready a week ago? restaurant reservation may be so hard this close to VD so maybe she'll be so busy studying she won't notice and you get off free.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I used to work on the freight shipping side of things so I don't know how much this applies to small packages but....

they tag and scan every single item. It takes an extra 5-10 seconds to do and every major shipper I've worked around has done it. I honestly assumed they all do it
It’s coming 1st class so they have to track it. Lots of government agencies require things be sent by USPS so they can be tracked.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Check the USPS site!
i said what i get for tracking. i get the 4 or so items for each package. if it's shipped from san fran, for instance, i don't get any intermediate details like sorted in reno, vegas, denver, etc. on the way to me. i only get origin and destination city facilities.

KatieinPGH

*Wants Masters*
Reaction score
Tracked time: 53 minutes
Tracked earnings: $58

Does anyone have any advice for a nice gesture for valentines day? I've procrastinated hardcore.
I admit, I've been married for 18 years and never been given a valentines day gift, so I may not be the best for advice. But, what would thrill me is always food related, treats specifically. A basket with my favourite coffee, tea, stroopwafel (because they are amazing), maybe a jar of local honey for my tea. All stuff you can grab at a local store, things that YOU know your partner eats but may not buy regularly. I know it isn't that much different from the choco-covered strawberries and box of chocolate, but seriously, if my husband went into my favourite local store that sells local stuff and grabbed me a bag of their coffee, tea and honey with some of their homemade candy, cookies or and something salty... I'd be SO FLIPPING HAPPY. :cupcake:

That may not be as helpful if your partner doesn't like tasty treats or if you don't have any farmer's markets or "country" stores (though if anyone is in Western PA, I can give recs, hah). And it definitely doesn't help if you are the type of people that spend like thousands of dollars on gifts. But, it's an idea? :shrug:

HelloHello

Reaction score
i say put a ring on it and thank xlabs for funding your engagement ring and have your wedding in the shadow of mt. rainier so you can invite the xlabs staff. :)

oh, realistically. prepare for the breakup since you weren't ready a week ago? restaurant reservation may be so hard this close to VD so maybe she'll be so busy studying she won't notice and you get off free.
Heck, maybe I’ve been low maintenance, but I think a candle stuck in a bottle and a nice array of her favorite takeout along with a couple of premium chocolates would tickle her to death. If you don’t mind be uncomfortable and messy you could spread a blanket on the floor for an indoor picnic.

chrisd6

Reaction score
I admit, I've been married for 18 years and never been given a valentines day gift, so I may not be the best for advice. But, what would thrill me is always food related, treats specifically. A basket with my favourite coffee, tea, stroopwafel (because they are amazing), maybe a jar of local honey for my tea. All stuff you can grab at a local store, things that YOU know your partner eats but may not buy regularly. I know it isn't that much different from the choco-covered strawberries and box of chocolate, but seriously, if my husband went into my favourite local store that sells local stuff and grabbed me a bag of their coffee, tea and honey with some of their homemade candy, cookies or and something salty... I'd be SO FLIPPING HAPPY. :cupcake:

That may not be as helpful if your partner doesn't like tasty treats or if you don't have any farmer's markets or "country" stores (though if anyone is in Western PA, I can give recs, hah). And it definitely doesn't help if you are the type of people that spend like thousands of dollars on gifts. But, it's an idea? :shrug:
This is great advice thank you! she isn't too particular on local things or coffee or anything like that but you've given me some great advice on the kind of things to look for as in "things she may not buy but wants"... this is perfect honestly thank you!

chrisd6

Reaction score

hahah i tried calling restaurants and all the good ones are booked. But i really think a card might be what I'm missing most at this point... I procrastinate the small things

Heck, maybe I’ve been low maintenance, but I think a candle stuck in a bottle and a nice array of her favorite takeout along with a couple of premium chocolates would tickle her to death. If you don’t mind be uncomfortable and messy you could spread a blanket on the floor for an indoor picnic.
I reached an agreement with her that we would cook dinner tomorrow night together, hopefully that suffices... It's hard to do something for a girl who expects nothing but deserves the world

KatieinPGH

*Wants Masters*
Reaction score
This is great advice thank you! she isn't too particular on local things or coffee or anything like that but you've given me some great advice on the kind of things to look for as in "things she may not buy but wants"... this is perfect honestly thank you!
Great! I'm glad it help. I have a lot of things that don't cost much but I don't buy because... well honestly there isn't a good reason (I'm guessing a lot of us do that). I actually keep a list of things on my phone in a hidden file of stuff the husband gives second (and third and fourth) looks at in stores, otherwise I won't remember them and they usually end up being the best holiday gifts. I'm really glad it helped :shamefullyembarrased:

HelloHello

Reaction score
Great! I'm glad it help. I have a lot of things that don't cost much but I don't buy because... well honestly there isn't a good reason (I'm guessing a lot of us do that). I actually keep a list of things on my phone in a hidden file of stuff the husband gives second (and third and fourth) looks at in stores, otherwise I won't remember them and they usually end up being the best holiday gifts. I'm really glad it helped :shamefullyembarrased:
Oh, I'm like that too . . . there are some locally hand-made chocolate salted sea caramels and other specialty chocolates in a little local grocery where I shop and periodically I drool over them . . . if you're not buying a lot of them they are affordable . . . mayhaps I'll buy myself a couple for VD.

Reactions: KatieinPGH
Status
Not open for further replies.