02/15 - Finally Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
The poor 20-something or other was being paid by the landlady (well prop. manager) next door 50/snowstorm to shovel the entire driveway and walkway. Our homes are right on the main road and the sidewalk is inches from the plows that come by.....idk, like a hundred times a night dumping wet icy snow back on the walkway in droves.

I was like......you can't do this for 50/dollars. (She had a tiny shovel and was out there every hour - all night - digging the pathway out).

Nope, nope, nope. (OTOH, I'm thinking I've found a possible lawn person for the summer lol)

ETA: no one here digs out the sidewalk. The next day they have a mini sidewalk plow that does it for everyone
I lived in Boston when I was in graduate school, and Bostonians are notoriously territorial about parking spaces in winter. People would shovel out a space and then try to save it with a lawn chair, bucket or traffic cone. If someone else parked in that spot, you might just get some dirty looks. Chances are good you might get screamed at, bullied, or even beaten up or tires slashed. sometimes they'd shovel the sidewalk but usually not, making it a nasty mess walking to the train.

My point is that the city didn't do squat in terms of snow removal. Of course, that brought out the worst kind of "lord of the flies" instincts in people.

Reactions: Nikoratos and jan

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I like any where I can learn something, interviews with creative people, and podcasts that double as therapy sessions :ROFL:

Thanks! There are a ton out there! I really enjoy niche stuff too.. like Irish Music Stories ...I guess that is my version of a wrestling podcast? :D
i’ll give irish music stories a listen while i make coffee

Reactions: Sondi

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
I have a question about Proflic/Circle. I cashed out on Tuesday from Prolific but have yet to see the funds in Circle. It says it's still "pending" in Prolific They say it takes 5 days, but also that it goes a lot faster. I'm getting worried - there was £30 coming my way there.

I used to use the Paypal option, which was way faster (usually overnight), but they clipped a few percentage points off the top. Circle is supposedly free, but.... :shrug:

jan

Reaction score
I lived in Boston when I was in graduate school, and Bostonians are notoriously territorial about parking spaces in winter. People would shovel out a space and then try to save it with a lawn chair, bucket or traffic cone. If someone else parked in that spot, you might just get some dirty looks. Chances are good you might get screamed at, bullied, or even beaten up or tires slashed. sometimes they'd shovel the sidewalk but usually not, making it a nasty mess walking to the train.

My point is that the city didn't do squat in terms of snow removal. Of course, that brought out the worst kind of "lord of the flies" instincts in people.
I went to BC and then Simmons (for my MSW) :). So, I lived all around the city (including quite awhile in Somerville and Cambridgeport).

So, I know that well.

But really, the amount that the pile onto my sidewalk is really horrific. And it happens all day/night long. It's really impossible to keep up with. I love that plow when it comes by. Just awesome :).

Reactions: greg

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
this is out of my wheel house 100%. i’m use to listening about guys calling in and being mad about why a player turns the ball over too much

Reactions: mboone73 and Sondi

jan

Reaction score
what are the general quals? I see those mentioned yet never come across them or the bookmark I made for that requester always tells me no HITs so I think I must not have the quals to see them let alone do them.
those are qual'ed now and hidden (just those that have the qual will see them)

Reactions: Nikoratos

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
this is out of my wheel house 100%. i’m use to listening about guys calling in and being mad about why a player turns the ball over too much
I'm all about the gentle/wholesome podcasts :smuggrin:

Reactions: Peachy

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
PE: $10.07

A9: 804

I'll take it. Not a bad start to the day. Did that all while snuggling the cats and dog in bed and watching Big Bang Theory! Time for work :)

jan

Reaction score
I'm all about the gentle/wholesome podcasts :smuggrin:
The Splendid Table
The Kitchen Sisters
I've been listening to mostly history (Ben Franklin's world) and some philosophy things on the BBC channel 4

Reactions: Sondi and Peachy

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The Splendid Table
The Kitchen Sisters
I've been listening to mostly history (Ben Franklin's world) and some philosophy things on the BBC channel 4
thanks - I'll check those out :)

Reactions: jan

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about attitudes of Facebook Users (~ 30 minutes, $5 payment) | PANDA
Requester: Shujaat Mirza [A15CY5DW0NRSFM] (Req TV): $-/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
To participate in this study, you must be at least 18 years old, and be a user of Facebook for at least 3 years (i.e., you joined Facebook during or before 2016), and are willing to log into your Facebook profile to consult for answering questions.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; ParticipatedInPreviousBatch DoesNotExist ;

13 min

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
I like any where I can learn something, interviews with creative people, and podcasts that double as therapy sessions :ROFL:

Thanks! There are a ton out there! I really enjoy niche stuff too.. like Irish Music Stories ...I guess that is my version of a wrestling podcast? :D
I've never listened to it but the Mental Illness Happiness Hour is supposed to be fantastic. Might be good for a therapy session.

If you like science The Skeptics Guide to the Universe and This Week in Science are both great weekly podcasts.

If you like Batman at all the Arkham Sessions breaks down the psychology of Batman the Animated Series episodes. I learned a lot on psychology from it.

Reactions: Peachy and Sondi

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
monday is a holiday :thumbdown:
presidents day
good reminder to set up your bank transfers early. Monday has to be a banking holiday considering the NYSE/Nasdaq is taking Monday off so I have no chance to get richer or poorer passively on that day. :wink:

Reactions: Peachy
Status
Not open for further replies.