Title: Impression Formation(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ari Rosenblum [A3HA98USUD6VR6] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 4
Description: Respondents will make judgements about faces and voices.
Requirements: Exc: [75093-74504] DoesNotExist; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

MaryDom

Reaction score
There are people who have been turking for years with hundreds of thousands of HITs and no masters. There are people who have been turking for months with tens (or less) thousands of HITs who rec'd the Masters qual. No one knows the algorithm, what they look for, how many HITs approved, length of time turking ... nothing. It's a mystery to us all :wink: Keep doing quality work, avoiding rejections and blocks and hopefully one day an email pops up for you.
Yeah I have had a few rejects but mainly ones where the hits weren't clear on what they wanted. I just return ones I think are not clear enough now

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
350k for me.
But the game has changed.
Yep, it was like 380k for me, and that was the last batch of masters handed out. I was passed over at least once after I was already over 100k. And then I remember reading on some forum that same day someone bragging about getting it with a really low number like less than 20k. At the time I'd read people say you had to do certain Amazon hits and do them well and I never did them then so I thought I'd never get it but lo and behold.

But I've come to the conclusion that mostly the only people who get masters with really low numbers are the ones who quit or took leave of mturk and amazon is trying to lure them back (don't ask me why everyone with low numbers who've left doesn't get it). For regular workers it's just a mystery. I think in theory they look at time as a member, hits completed and stats like rejections but in actuality I think they're just drawing names out of a hat.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
No, you just need their qual ... which they only post about twice a year.
i've been turking since september 2015 and i've only seen the qual test post once in february 2017. maybe i missed it before but it's definitely less than 2x/year

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
i've been turking since september 2015 and i've only seen the qual test post once in february 2017. maybe i missed it before but it's definitely less than 2x/year
I think it's posted twice altogether, it just happened to be twice in 2017

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, you missed it :p They definitely posted twice last year.

I actually want to say that I think they posted 3 times last year. Once early on and then 2nd/3rd times in the same month (maybe even same week). C to the J @C to the J would prob know better ... I'm old with lots of cobwebs. :grandma:

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I actually want to say that I think they posted 3 times last year. Once early on and then 2nd/3rd times in the same month (maybe even same week). C to the J @C to the J would prob know better ... I'm old with lots of cobwebs. :grandma:
oh yeah actually now i do remember they posted again last year but it was after i got the qual so i missed the hullaballoo

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
Only thing I want masters is for not having to do annoying captchas on 5's/reloading tabs.
This was absolutely without a doubt the number one best thing about getting masters for me. If I had to make a choice between not having the captcha but not doing masters hits or doing masters hits but still having captcha, I'd take losing the captcha for sure.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw someone mention getting masters earlier. I know it opens more hits for people. My question is how long does it generally take for people to achieve that? I'm new so I know it will be a long time but would like some type of idea
Check out my signature.

(Okay, full disclosure, they didn't even have Masters when I started but still, I had to wait years.)

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This was absolutely without a doubt the number one best thing about getting masters for me. If I had to make a choice between not having the captcha but not doing masters hits or doing masters hits but still having captcha, I'd take losing the captcha for sure.
i definitely take that for granted, i completely forget about captchas sometimes now. that is probably the best benefit of masters even over the extra work available. it's just so nice to do batches now and i am way more apt to do a couple thousand HITs a week now. my numbers have gone way up since i got masters.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yep, it was like 380k for me, and that was the last batch of masters handed out. I was passed over at least once after I was already over 100k. And then I remember reading on some forum that same day someone bragging about getting it with a really low number like less than 20k. At the time I'd read people say you had to do certain Amazon hits and do them well and I never did them then so I thought I'd never get it but lo and behold.

But I've come to the conclusion that mostly the only people who get masters with really low numbers are the ones who quit or took leave of mturk and amazon is trying to lure them back (don't ask me why everyone with low numbers who've left doesn't get it). For regular workers it's just a mystery. I think in theory they look at time as a member, hits completed and stats like rejections but in actuality I think they're just drawing names out of a hat.
Should have been here when that person showed up and got it with 2k HITs after not having worked on Mturk for a few years.
Man....I wanted to break shit.

Yea I still think it's random but with them dropping it like nearly every month I feel like most people are going to have fair shot at it these days.

They posted nearly every day for a week at a certain point last year....think maybe it was May.

Overqual'd themselves just like VDX before them.
Shame, shame, shame.

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
They haven't posted in awhile. But there was a time like a year ago they posted qual hits like three times over a six month period, and then I don't think they have at all since.

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
i definitely take that for granted, i completely forget about captchas sometimes now. that is probably the best benefit of masters even over the extra work available. it's just so nice to do batches now and i am way more apt to do a couple thousand HITs a week now. my numbers have gone way up since i got masters.
If you ever want to have that captcha feeling again then just do a big batch that requires quick googling.

IHadRibsForLunch

Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Survey(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Chang-Yuan Lee [A32GXUU726HB4M] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.50 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 4 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: A 2-3 minutes survey about your spending
Time: 1200
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100;Exc: [-342190085-74559] DoesNotExist ;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;Location In US

Reactions: SherryNotShirley
Status
Not open for further replies.