02/18 - Mycelial Monday

What is your average daily goal on mturk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Are APIs done in JS or are they programmed in HTML5? If JS, I might just want to move that up instead (I have a book about learning JS) instead of learning/refreshing with HTML5 first.
I don't think I understand exactly what you mean but, I think JS is what you're looking for, since HTML is still just, and will always be(if I'm not mistaken) just a language for handling layout of text and images and the like. HTML5 has added more semantic tags and so it's more accessible to other frameworks, as far as I can tell.
what’s your main finish line goal of learning code? recreation?
Increase of marketable skills. A new career. If I wanted recreation, I'm sure I could find a bunch of things that require little or no learning and/or don't require hours a day of commitment. Plus, I don't have anything of my own that would benefit from learning to code, really. For me, the act of learning is recreational but, I find very little about actual coding that could be described as recreational. And, just like turking, there's no finish line, as far as learning. By the time you've learned everything, someone has been busy making new things to learn.

So, the opposite. I reached recreational level of coding HTML about 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: jan and Peachy

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: VERY short task | Accept
Requester: Christophe Lembregts [A2505CQQJ5NDTB] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.64] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.63] [Fast=4.73] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=47] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=4.50] [Pen=0.33] [Res=null] [Rec=40] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.15
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: short task (30 sec)
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.4
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
under a min[/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey with Audio Clips (Multiple Choice) | Accept
Requester: Xuchan Bao [AT5QM1K01G45D] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.28] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=2.50] [Pen=4.00] [Res=null] [Rec=50] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: Listen to some short audio clips and answer multiple choice questions
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Judging Simplified Sentences | Accept
Requester: edirewrite [AP3RB93L4B1OD] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.22] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.20] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=2.89] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.80] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.26
Duration: 45:00
Description: The task involves rating the simplified versions of a sentence. It takes about 5 minutes.
Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So hows turk been this year so far? I don't expect today to be awesome since it's a holiday.

jan

Reaction score
Well, after a day of trying and sulking, I still can't get into the basement without a crowbar or kicking down the door (it's an old fashioned door with 1/2 glass. So, that would sort of not work well). Are all door frames made out of 2 by 4's? I want to know if I try to pop the wood on the frame if that will work (I don't have an angle to stick in a putty knife to pop the lock - can't even fit in a piece of paper towards the lock). Crowbar will ruin the door frame wood, too......

Reactions: Gator

GemStone

Contributor
Reaction score
I restarted my computer this morning and now my Dashboard Enhancer script isn't working. Nothing I do is fixing it. Anyone else having the same problem?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well, after a day of trying and sulking, I still can't get into the basement without a crowbar or kicking down the door (it's an old fashioned door with 1/2 glass. So, that would sort of not work well). Are all door frames made out of 2 by 4's? I want to know if I try to pop the wood on the frame if that will work (I don't have an angle to stick in a putty knife to pop the lock - can't even fit in a piece of paper towards the lock). Crowbar will ruin the door frame wood, too......
Can you take off the plate around the doorknob and remove the knob, giving you access to the "bolt"?

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Can you take off the plate around the doorknob and remove the knob, giving you access to the "bolt"?
Did that. I stuck in a screwdriver to try to turn it manually and it just spins around. There is nothing to 'catch' on.

ETA: it's not even bolted. It's just closed with the regular closure. I guess that would make it easier to kickdown (perhaps I wouldn't break the glass)? I have kicked down a door once before, years ago. My daughter got stuck - but I didn't know what I was doing (now I do) and didn't aim for the lock and took down the frame w/the door.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTR

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I don't think I understand exactly what you mean but, I think JS is what you're looking for, since HTML is still just, and will always be(if I'm not mistaken) just a language for handling layout of text and images and the like.
I just didn't know if there were HTML tags you could put around API commands or if it is all done in JS instead of HTML.

AFAIK, APIs did not exist when I taught myself OG HTML in 1993 to build my own webpages. :wink:

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Did that. I stuck in a screwdriver to try to turn it manually and it just spins around. There is nothing to 'catch' on.
Have you removed just the knob or the trim plate as well? Behind the trim plate, you should be able to visibly see the bolt but, not if you just remove the knob. Once the plate is removed, usually there will be a 2-3" hole that goes through the door, giving access to that bolt. If you can't get something to grab it from that point, if you have a kinda strong magnet, you could put it in that hole, close to where the end of the bolt should be, and, while wiggling the door(push or pull) move the magnet away from the door frame(towards the center of the the door). Just a thought.

Reactions: GTR and jan

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

ETA: it's not even bolted. It's just closed with the regular closure. I guess that would make it easier to kickdown (perhaps I wouldn't break the glass)? I have kicked down a door once before, years ago. My daughter got stuck - but I didn't know what I was doing (now I do) and didn't aim for the lock and took down the frame w/the door.
Sorry, didn't read the edit.
Umm, let me think.....

jan

Reaction score
Have you removed just the knob or the trim plate as well? Behind the trim plate, you should be able to visibly see the bolt but, not if you just remove the knob. Once the plate is removed, usually there will be a 2-3" hole that goes through the door, giving access to that bolt. If you can't get something to grab it from that point, if you have a kinda strong magnet, you could put it in that hole, close to where the end of the bolt should be, and, while wiggling the door(push or pull) move the magnet away from the door frame(towards the center of the the door). Just a thought.
removed both. I'll go back and try again. It's an old door (pretty) wood door - so old mechanism.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
removed both. I'll go back and try again. It's an old door (pretty) wood door - so old mechanism.
Is it swollen? (Do you keep it "humid" in your house?) Maybe a space heater pointed at it for an hour or 2 will get it to shrink enough to make it a bit easier?

Reactions: jan

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've hit my avg PE of $5 and I haven't gone to bed yet! It's only a holiday in a small part of the globe.
Globes are really small anyway so, this is a minuscule holiday.:p

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hey Hey guys.....looks like I'm back to the turking grind.
I was wondering where you have been!

I made $51 yesterday. If you can do Noah Turk chat hits (if they're still around this morning) you can make bank.

Reactions: GTR
Status
Not open for further replies.