02/20 - Meals to Masticate on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
From the HIT page instructions:
We are conducting an academic survey about social networks and personality. We have developed a software system that measures personality based on your facebook pages, and so to participate in this study you must click on the link at the end of the survey and allow access to your facebook page. No personally identifying information is collected.

:thinking: sure....
This probably belongs in the politics thread, but apropos of the above and as interesting information on what requesters may be doing with our data, especially when our work interfaces with Facebook, I'm leaving this for your consideration. No idea of how trustworthy this may or may not be.

https://scout.ai/story/the-rise-of-the-weaponized-ai-propaganda-machine

From the above article.

"As a part of their relationship, Kogan paid Amazon Mechanical Turk workers $1 each to take the OCEAN quiz. There was just one catch: To take the quiz, users were required to provide access to all of their Facebook data. They were told the data would be used for research. The job was reported to Amazon for violating the platform’s Terms of Service. What many of the Turks likely didn’t realize: According to documents reviewed by The Guardian, “Kogan also captured the same data for each person’s unwitting friends.”

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't recall what kind of surgery you had, but I thought I would share and hopefully ease your mind. They did this with both of my c-sections and my hysterectomy. It is perfectly normal and actually expected for it to come off in about 7-10 days after the surgery. By then your outer later of skin has healed enough to hold itself together. There are probably internal dis-solvable stitches as well as a back up. Now don't get excited because you're not healed yet and you could still bust it open with certain activities. But this is a good thing and actually means you're moving along well with the healing process. Even some slight bleeding or discharge is perfectly normal. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to or have any questions I might can help answer. I'm not a doctor, but I do have some experience. Hope all is well! :glomp:
hysterectomy thank you that eases my mind alot. I remember nothing the doctor told me and he probably went over this.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Work-Live Research Study; 20 - 30 minutes; 106 items | PANDA
Requester: Clotia Robinson [A3UFA4Q27MKIE1] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
In this 20-30 minute survey you will reflect on your experiences at work and how you feel about them.
Time: 4 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: Employment Status: Employed full time (35+ hours per week) EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
*Enters Worker ID to check eligibility* You have not done any hits in this group, please accept the hit!

*Accepts the hit* You have already completed the maximum number of HITs allowed by this requester. Please click 'Return HIT' to avoid any impact on your approval rating.

Yup, that's been my day in a nutshell.
Ditto.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
No, busy at my other job. Wished I had it though. Will they post again today?
They might. They posted twice today. They have been known to post quals for a couple days, so probably worth tossing a PandA on it.

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
*Enters Worker ID to check eligibility* You have not done any hits in this group, please accept the hit!

*Accepts the hit* You have already completed the maximum number of HITs allowed by this requester. Please click 'Return HIT' to avoid any impact on your approval rating.

Yup, that's been my day in a nutshell.
I actually half get that. It almost seems like the requester is trying to avoid all the crying about being screened out after the fact so they doubled-ensured you don't waste your time, which ended up ...wasting your time lol.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | PANDA
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.24] [Fair: 4.19] [Comm: 4.00] [Fast: 4.62] [Reviews: 83] [ToS: 0]
Description:
This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (undefined)
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 8
Reward: $0.95
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; C-SATS Block has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.11.7

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
PROLIFIC STUDY
Title:
Listen to Songs
Hosted by : Katherine Crain
Reward : £ 1.35
Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.37/hr
Available Places : 162/500
Maximum Allowed Time : 60mins
Avg. Completion Time : 11mins
Just did one of these... do you think we can do it again? Nothing in the description mentions repeats being invalid...

welp, got an answer,
"You've already completed this study. Please exit this page unless you're sure you need to be here :)"

The smiley face they added at the end, made it all better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.