02/20 - Tasty Tot Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a secret batch as we all have the same available tools in which to see hits posted :)
Well that's not as fun an answer as I wanted.

I'm going back to my secret batch of 5s and secret surveys (that i get from here because I'm too lazy to search for surveys)

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a secret batch as we all have the same available tools in which to see hits posted :)
The only "secret batch" that could exist is one where the requester uses a qual that only a small number of workers have and selects the option in the HIT set up to hide the HIT from everyone who doesn't have the qual.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, she just messaged back and said she cancelled the batch. I messaged back and told her that doesn't affect the ones we have in queue. Waiting on a response.
I'd say return the broken ones since she cancelled the batch but that's just me.

Birdie

JD in Birb Law
Contributor
Reaction score
Well that's not as fun an answer as I wanted.

I'm going back to my secret batch of 5s and secret surveys (that i get from here because I'm too lazy to search for surveys)

I'm fun. I'm hip. I make relevant references. What year is it again?

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Features
  • 5D sight effect, looks like a real thing, very fashion.

neat

Reactions: thedorchannel

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Title: Read and Rate Words, Sentences, and Phrases | AcceptA
Requester: Minnesota Syntax & Psycholinguistics [A357IXJ41AZVO4] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: In this HIT, you will read words, sentences, and phrases. You will be asked to determine whether they are grammatical or answer questions about them. You must be a native speaker of English to perform this HIT.
Requirements: None

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
i didnt see a single one of those french hits that was violated. and you all know about me and violations. I'm like Big L.

"I make a lotta dough, I'm quick to spot a foe/ even if my grandmother violates, she gotta go"

Reactions: WillowWolf

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from McDermott Experiments for work related to 39N6W9XWRDVW0V62RI5887A1AQFYGF.
The value of your bonus is: $3.74 USD

The Requester included this note:
completed HIT

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

My VERY FIRST BONUS!

First Round of Mints are On ME!

Last edited:

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say return the broken ones since she cancelled the batch but that's just me.
So, if she cancelled the batch then am I correct to assume they go directly back to her, if returned? I just don't want to cancel something, if someone else might grab it and submit it anyway not realizing the selection didn't stick.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Zachary Rosen is seriously a good guy requester. He had a survey yesterday with a broken link in it so I emailed him and got the correct link but by then the HIT timer was about to expire, so I submitted with a message saying I'd do the survey and email him the code. I did that and he approved my HIT. Then he emailed me again and said thanks for letting him know about the link problem and he put up a dummy HIT and said to do that one, too, and it approved. So I got double paid for it. Sweet!

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
So, if she cancelled the batch then am I correct to assume they go directly back to her, if returned? I just don't want to cancel something, if someone else might grab it and submit it anyway not realizing the selection didn't stick.
IIRC yes, when you return them they won't repost. I'm like 98% certain I didn't make that up

Last edited:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
IIRC yes, when you return them they don't repost. I'm like 98% certain I didn't make that up
They can set it up either way. I don't remember which way is the default, but there is an option to select either one (that is, either returns go to the requester or returns get reposted).

Reactions: WillowWolf

Dill

Reaction score
Zachary Rosen is seriously a good guy requester. He had a survey yesterday with a broken link in it so I emailed him and got the correct link but by then the HIT timer was about to expire, so I submitted with a message saying I'd do the survey and email him the code. I did that and he approved my HIT. Then he emailed me again and said thanks for letting him know about the link problem and he put up a dummy HIT and said to do that one, too, and it approved. So I got double paid for it. Sweet!

Can confirm this as well. Emailed back and forth with him a few times, very nice and approved the dummy hit quickly.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
On pews, do you guys check the box if the post mentions " the President" but doesn't refer to them by name?

Reaction score
Same. I've written to the requester. Maybe some hope since it's a 24-hour queue job?
I must admit I find the job a bit puzzling anyway... "brand safe" to whom? The first (and only one to date) video I watched was a really inspiring one about a guy being fitted with an artifical leg so he could walk again ... but I was thinking of clicking on "health", even though I can't see how the video could possibly offend who didn't have a heart made out of stone?!? Which brand are we trying to protect here? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.