02/21 - Tasting Kumquats on Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score
i guess students these days can't come up with original surveys. I'm really tired of the "does personality change?" article.
I want to know what jackass with a Doctorate in Sociology decided that data from a 20 minute survey of pushing the P & Q keys is better than a 5 minute survey of pushing the F & J keys. ANNNNDDDD, how did he convince whatever Board somewhere this is the preferred survey format for graduate students everywhere?

:thinking:

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
I want to know what jackass with a Doctorate in Sociology decided that data from a 20 minute survey of pushing the P & Q keys is better than a 5 minute survey of pushing the F & J keys. ANNNNDDDD, how did he convince whatever Board somewhere this is the preferred survey format for graduate students everywhere?

:thinking:
tbh there's a large amount of bs-ing when it comes to grant requests. The more reputable research organizations just basically get thrown money. its both good and bad :p

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Waking up early was a severe mistake. I should go back to sleep and wake up again at let's say....4 years from now.
Yes yes take all the time you want. An important rat such as yourself needs all the rest he can get. Don't deprive yourself of that!

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Morning, all. $3.50 thanks to Prolific to start the day. Would have had an extra $1.25 here but my PandA for Zoltar fucked up my interface, allowing me to accept a hit twice and get the 'you've already completed...' message of doom before I could submit.

It's going to be a great day.

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Title: 30 Minute Online Psychology Experiment | PANDA
Requester: Sam Gilbert [AAL37EH9PAULF] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.82] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 4.95] [Fast: 4.98] [Reviews: 97] [ToS: 0]
Description:
This is an online psychology experiment, which will involve some simple tasks in your web browser. Note: new HITs are occasionally published but you may only take part once; you will not be able to access the experiment if you have already done this task.
Time: 4 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.50
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.11.7

Reactions: Pleco

optipfrog

Contributor
Reaction score
Well since it's slow I'm going to go get a phone card and then go vote for "State Superintendent Of Public Instruction" here in Wisconsin, only item on ballot today in my township.

and I just caught a 1/2 hour survey.

Reactions: The Bad Ash

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
I was a big fan of NDT, mostly because I'm a fan of anyone trying to motivate interest in science, but honestly I've started to become a bit disenchanted with him. I feel like the fame's gotten to him and he's become really pompous, which you didn't get from Sagan.
I like NDT. Sagan was into :weed: though, so I've got to give him some praise for that.

CBNDSGN

Reaction score

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Find Principal, Vice Principal(s) and/or Assistant Principal(s) | PANDA
Requester: Abby Lerner [A21KUZZXWF1XU6] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 2.90] [Fair: 3.86] [Comm: 2.83] [Fast: 3.29] [Reviews: 11] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Please find the Principal, Vice Principal(s) and/or Assistant Principal(s) for the given school.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 116
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; Total approved HITs is greater than 5000;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.11.7

thehumangerm

Reaction score
Answer a survey about your opinions Krishna Savani 1.50 took longer than 15 to do honestly sent a message here is hopping for a bonus. Won't hold my breath. You can still cheat your way through it one attention check. But I am not that kind of person.

jan

Reaction score
i guess students these days can't come up with original surveys. I'm really tired of the "does personality change?" article.
they can't (primers and subscales that we see over and over are normed and validated so they have to use them to compare with whatever spin they put in there that is their original stuff...........which isn't quite your point :), but thought I'd chime in before another cup of coffee :coffeepc:

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score

thehumangerm

Reaction score
Is there a script that logs your time spent on hits. Or am I missing something?

Reactions: kryss
Status
Not open for further replies.