02/23 - Technological Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My main reasons I refuse to upgrade from S5active is #1 I have a pretty much waterproof/dustproof/shockproof phone with #2 a sd card slot. S6 Active doesn't have sd slot. If they get their heads outta their asses and put the sd slots back, I will gladly buy another samsung, til then, nope.
Well you're in luck

Reactions: lobo925

Azazael

Reaction score
wut the wut.... why in the name of fuck did they get rid of the sd slot
Same reason a lot of phone companies have now, they think people want on board memory like the iPhone and a lot do. In my case no, I work with computers a lot and as a last case emergency, I keep about 22gb worth of computer repair files on my 64gb sd card. So if I lose my flash drives on a job or whatnot, I can always usb my phone and pull off the card.

Reactions: Aydiarose

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Judge Some Sentences! (~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jesse Snedeker [A1SYN8J5WSNRGW] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 2.50][Fair: 3.86][Comm: 2.66][Fast: 3.74]
Description:
You will be shown a list of sentences and asked to determine if they are true or false. Takes ~7 minutes.
Time: 20 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Qualification to Prevent Retakes has not been granted, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95, Total approved HITs is greater than 50, Location is US

6mins

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:

Miss.Criss

Turk Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions of a Splash Screens for Apps | PANDA
Requester: FRANCISCO [A3ISM3UBHWFQR7] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 0.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.25 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 5
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Give us your opinion about our products
Time: 20 minutes
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Location is US

About a minute or so

1.5 minute

Reactions: Cmoney

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Same reason a lot of phone companies have now, they think people want on board memory like the iPhone and a lot do. In my case no, I work with computers a lot and as a last case emergency, I keep about 22gb worth of computer repair files on my 64gb sd card. So if I lose my flash drives on a job or whatnot, I can always usb my phone and pull off the card.
i don't think that's the reason.
It's not what they think people want, it's about piracy and whatnot. With a SD slot, it was much easier to sideload apps, which would mean that there is a chance of people not buying apps and whatnot (because they can just download the APK to the sd card).

That being said, it's still probably possible with on board memory, but it's not as easy as just putting the APK on the sd. It's still fairly easy to sideload, but I think they just wanted to take out one way of doing it.

When I was testing my game ported onto android, I used to load up the apk on the sd and put that on my phone because it was really simple...now I probably will just email myself the apk if I choose to upgrade from the Note3 :l

Reactions: Cmoney

Azazael

Reaction score
It's not what they think people want, it's about piracy and whatnot. With a SD slot, it was much easier to sideload apps, which would mean that there is a chance of people not buying apps and whatnot (because they can just download the APK to the sd card).

That being said, it's still probably possible with on board memory, but it's not as easy as just putting the APK on the sd. It's still fairly easy to sideload, but I think they just wanted to take out one way of doing it.

When I was testing my game ported onto android, I used to load up the apk on the sd and put that on my phone because it was really simple...now I probably will just email myself the apk if I choose to upgrade from the Note3 :l
Eh....I think it is some of what you said and a lot of what I said. When I repaired phones and whatnot I used to ask people why they chose the phones they chose. Most right away had iPhones because they wanted to get a smartphone and just be done with it. Not have extra "parts" to worry about and such. The ones with sd card slots usually (again, USUALLY) were the higher end users with tons of apps used or in the case of a few close friends I have with sd card phones, they take *THOUSANDS* of pictures (a couple are new parents).

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Find the first name for this person | PANDA
Requester: Jeremiha [ABON4OK4IHIBQ] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭ 1.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2

Description: Given a person's Youtube channel, find their first name
Time: 10 minutes
Hits Available: 898
Reward: $0.03
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98

seems easy

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
T-Mobile installment plan (24 months)** $27.92/month
T-Mobile full retail** $670

That....actually.....*looks at 4 years non upgraded account*....that is really tempting.
That's 33.5k VDX. :o

/me chugs a keg of energy drinks.

Reactions: Azazael

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

that's definitely not why they did it. It's purely a marketing scheme that most companies realized they could sell various tier levels on onboard storage memory phones at different prices. If Samsung could get an extra $100 for you to buy 16 more GB, then they won.

But the fact that other comapnies like LG kept the microSD slot and people made it clear that that's what they wanted (along with better battery), comapnies are now realizing they need to bring the SD slot back

Wolfheart

Wobble-Wolf
Contributor
Reaction score
Well you're in luck
For me the worst part is I upgraded my phone to the Note 5 literally 1 month ago, and got a gear VR along with it. I'm paying 28 a month for the phone. With the bestbuy deal, I could of gotten the s7, plus a 64 gig card, plus the gear vr for 24 a month.. *facepalms*

Digital Nomad

Reaction score

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Easy & Interesting Academic Study (5 -10 min) | PANDA
Requester: Lab304 [A3SG84R7RQGP86] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 3.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 4

Description: The purpose of this study is to understand individual's thoughts
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

Status
Not open for further replies.